Windows 10: Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Discus and support Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhotoMeister, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention." and presents a "Check your PC" button. When I click the button, it cranks for about 5 minutes and comes back to the same message and same button.

Is there a log somewhere where it tells me what it's complaining about? If not, it appears I won't be able to get to Win10. I'm running 8.1 Pro now.

Thanks for any help,
    Doug

:)

PhotoMeister, Mar 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 setup/installation problems on HP laptop running Windows 8.1

I disconnected all external devices, and disabled/removed Third party Antivirus, and booted Windows 8.1 into clean boot mode. I used Windows Update to re-try Win10 download. As usual, the download and update preparations goes smoothly. However, when reaching
    the "Copying files" stage after reboot, it stops at 29% then restarts. Windows 8.1 was restored, and Windows Update failed once again.

All drivers appear to be up-to-date as of my writing. Checking the disk via restart only stuck at 10%, meaning that a hard drive is suspected of causing a failure during the Win10's installation SAFE_OS phase during APPLY-IMAGE operation. Any ideas?

Deeply frustrating and disturbing.

BryanSee88, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Progress installing the Windows 10 November update stops responding at 40%

The issue with SD card inserted during update to 1511 (10586) preventing update with stuck on some % looks giving 40% stuck on my device - Dell Venue 8 Pro. Remove card and You should be updated. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download :)

When Your device doesn't get November update - use "upgrade now" on: Download Windows 10. And have no fear - if You are on Win10, You will not loose any data, it will not "upgrade", but update.

TomaszSteć, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Why are you installing the insider preview? its kind of like a beta

Archie123, Mar 5, 2016
  5. I clicked in the tray on the icon that had been hounding me for the last several months asking if I wanted to upgrade. It took me through that dialog. When I went to Microsoft's site and downloaded the small upgrade exe it went to the same place. What would I do differently to get the latest code?

Thanks.

PhotoMeister, Mar 5, 2016
  6. PhotoMeister, Mar 6, 2016
  7. Archie123 Win User
    Ah my bad then *Smile I thought windows insider builds were beta builds (to test major updates etc) that would be distributed to certain testers in their insider programme . Glad it's sorted hope the install goes well *Smile

Archie123, Mar 6, 2016
  8. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

I went to the thread suggested above and that allowed me to get the download. But it then still goes to Windows Updates. I now have applied all of the updates. It says there are no more available. But how do I get back to the Windows 10 Upgrade? When I close the Windows Updates control panel window, the Windows 10 upgrade is nowhere in sight. When I go to the tray and click it again, it once again goes to Windows Updates! :-(

This is annoying because I want to get this done before 7/29/2016 to get it for free.

Thanks for any help.

PhotoMeister, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

1. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download - Similar Threads - Stuck Update during

2. Update stucks during restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  3. Win10 BSOD During Windows Update

Win10 BSOD During Windows Update: I did fresh install of Win10 v2004, then ran windows update right away. After first restart, i ran win update again only to getBSOD missing winload.efi. I tried solutions on the internet with cmd, diskpart to no success. From [list volume] all volumes marked as "healthy". I...
  4. Gigabyte P55 stuck during Win10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gigabyte P55 stuck during Win10 Update: I have owned a Gigabyte P55 Laptop for some years, and I am trying to update to a more recent version of Win10 as mine went out of support some time ago. However, whenever I try to update (or sometimes even try to do a "Reset this PC" option), it simply gets stuck on the...
  5. Win10 update stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 update stuck: Have a win10 home PC My Win10 build is 17763.1098 Ver 1809 I cant seem get the update 2019-12 update KB4023057 to install . It keeps saying it will try again later . Error 0x80070002 I have looked on the MS catalog site but the file is not their at all , so i cant install...
  6. Win10 Update Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Update Stuck: Hi Folks, this update has been attempted 4 times and has been as in my image for over 1 hour. Tried a restart after attempts 1-3 only to return to where it is now. - [img] 151522
  7. Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 99% downloading.

Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 99% downloading.: Hi, My laptop will not update windows 10 security updates. I have downloaded the windows 10 update assistant but the update always sticks at 99%! Has anyone got any ideas. Thanks for your help!...
  8. Windows 10 stuck after/during update

Windows 10 stuck after/during update: Two days ago windows 10 did an update. But after a few hours I saw black screen with cursor. I tried different options that I read from forums, but nothing helps. I entered to Safe mode only with help of command prompt from windows installation disk(bcdedit /set {default}...
  9. Win10 Updates stuck downloading

Win10 Updates stuck downloading: My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge. Do you guys have the same problem here? Maybe during the downloading of the...
  10. Windows Update stuck at downloading

Windows Update stuck at downloading: after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck. on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me.. a help pls? [img] 58709