Windows 10: Stuck in WinRE

Discus and support Stuck in WinRE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]Anyone can help, Please? I got very important document inside my laptop. After my laptop pop up blue screen showing error, I restart it then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicholasLim Yong, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Stuck in WinRE

NicholasLim Yong, Jan 8, 2020

2. Unable to boot the PC stuck in WinRE mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. I appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps. For better understanding of the issue, please
    respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Do you receive any error code when you try to boot the PC normally?
    3. What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    4. What is the error you receive while performing reset?
    5. What was the result of automatic repair?

Meanwhile, you can try removing any external devices connected to the PC and check if you are able to boot the PC.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try booting the PC to safe mode and check if that helps.
    Refer the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the PC is working fine in safe mode, perform a clean boot being in safe mode environment check.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot
    on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Try troubleshooting startup issues. You can refer the article on

troubleshooting common startup issues
    and see if that helps.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

If you have an external hard drive, you can take the backup of the data by following the steps mentioned below.

1. Open command prompt window by following the article

troubleshooting common startup issues
    2. On the command prompt window type,
      notepad.exe and hit enter.
    3. Now click on File
      and click Open…
    4. On the Open file window, click on
      This PC
    5. Now navigate to the location
      C:\Users\UserName\
      select the folder that you want to backup to the external drive.

Note:
      To see all the files on the Open dialog box, change the
      files of type
      to All files.

6. Right click on the file/folder
      and select Send to and select the external hard drive.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can’t reset or turn back stuck in automatic repair, and after attempts now there is no system administrator on pc.

Hi Joseph,

It is possible that there is an issue with the system files of Windows 10. If you're unable to recover your computer using the different options in the Advanced page of Windows Recovery (WinRe) environment, we suggest resetting your computer and choose either
    to keep your files or remove everything. Resetting your computer will revert the system files of Windows 10 to default and it will address the "stuck in automatic repair" issue. Since you can access the Windows Recovery (WinRe) environment, you can perform
    a reset by performing these steps:

• In WinRe, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset this PC.
    • Choose Keep my files. Please take note that the programs that you've installed will be removed. You need to re-install the programs again after the reset process.
    • Wait for the reset process to finish.
    • After resetting your computer, kindly observe if you will be able to log-in to the computer.

Let us know the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jan 8, 2020
  4. xtian Win User

Stuck in WinRE

How do I (mount and) copy the contents of (hidden) WinRE?

I have a WinRE partition at the end of my SSD and I want to move it down following the Win NTFS system partition so I can install Linux in the fourth position.

This SuperUser suggests copying the contents of WinRE.
    https://superuser.com/a/1233758

I would recommend assigning a drive letter to it and obtaining a copy of the WinRE.wim file. You'll need it to move the recovery environment somewhere later. You can obtain a copy of this file in other ways, but it will be easier just to get it ahead of time.

How to make a hidden partition visible says how to launch Disk Management to access Admin Privileges. But the steps say to right click on the hidden partition, but Disk Management never give me anything more than “help” popup.

How do I copy the contents of WinRE?

xtian, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Stuck in WinRE

1. Stuck in WinRE - Similar Threads - Stuck WinRE

2. Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.: We wanted to update our Xiaomi laptop running win10. But there was no option in the update sector. We found an win11 install app. I think it was officiall. We let it run and on halfway we connected the charger. But then it started up in Winre mode and won't boot up normally!...
  3. Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 11 failed. Laptop stuck in WinRE.: We wanted to update our Xiaomi laptop running win10. But there was no option in the update sector. We found an win11 install app. I think it was officiall. We let it run and on halfway we connected the charger. But then it started up in Winre mode and won't boot up normally!...
  4. Stuck at 7% on windows update screen, can't enter winRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at 7% on windows update screen, can't enter winRE: Hello, my Windows 10 computer has been stuck at the screen "Working on updates 7% complete Don't turn off your computer" whenever I try to start it, no matter how long I let it run.I have been trying to start winRE by doing the method of holding the power button for 10...
  5. Stuck at 7% on windows update screen, can't enter winRE

Stuck at 7% on windows update screen, can't enter winRE: Hello, my Windows 10 computer has been stuck at the screen "Working on updates 7% complete Don't turn off your computer" whenever I try to start it, no matter how long I let it run.I have been trying to start winRE by doing the method of holding the power button for 10...
  6. Stuck at 7% on windows update screen, can't enter winRE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode: Hello all,The other night I was trying to fix a broken outlet in my kitchen and went to reset the breaker in the garage. Unfortunately I hit the wrong one and the outlet in my office where my computer is located lost power for a second. When I came back to my office I noticed...
  8. Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode: Hello all,The other night I was trying to fix a broken outlet in my kitchen and went to reset the breaker in the garage. Unfortunately I hit the wrong one and the outlet in my office where my computer is located lost power for a second. When I came back to my office I noticed...
  9. Windows 10 Stuck at MOBO Manufacture Loading Screen with spinning dots Cant get into WinRE Mode

10. Dell stuck in update/restarting loop. Can’t open in winRE.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell stuck in update/restarting loop. Can’t open in winRE.: I tried to turn on my Dell XPS and it is stuck in a continuous loop. The Dell logo flashes. Then a black screen with the message “Updates are underway. Please keep your computer on.” Then a black screen with the message “restarting”. Then back to the Dell logo. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont boot stuck at winre

2. can you repair windows winre