Windows 10: Stuck Key on computer

Discus and support Stuck Key on computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So while playing a game my PC the game while inputting commands from the keyboard acted like the 7 button was held down, making the game impossible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeoAtlas, Feb 22, 2020.

1. NeoAtlas Win User

Stuck Key on computer

So while playing a game my PC the game while inputting commands from the keyboard acted like the 7 button was held down, making the game impossible to play any further. Closing out the game does not cause it to stop nor does unplugging the keyboard solve the problem either. The only temporary solution is to restart the computer. I will list the various trouble shooting methods below that I used.

Checking Windows10 for updates and updating.

Uninstalling and reinstalling game.

Switching out keyboards. Same result

Running virus scan.

Restoring back to date before this all started happening.

Ran OSK.exe to verify that it was in fact not the keyboard.

Delete drivers and reinstall and updated drivers.

The keyboard I am using is a Dell model #KB113p

Sometimes while playing i won't even hit the 7 key and it will start up again. It is also not isolated to the game as other games now have started showing the same thing. I was told I might have to contact the OS or even the motherboard manufacturer for help.

:)

NeoAtlas, Feb 22, 2020

2. Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 22, 2020
  3. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Stuck Key on computer

Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Stuck Key on computer

1. Stuck Key on computer - Similar Threads - Stuck Key computer

2. computer behaves as if keyboard has a stuck key, but it doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer behaves as if keyboard has a stuck key, but it doesn't: i have tried all the solutions that i've read in the forums. deleting the keyboard drivers why are there 4? helps temporarily, but it comes back. any "solution" i try, IF it works, it only works for a little while. i've tried switching out my keyboard, downloading a new...
  3. computer behaves as if keyboard has a stuck key, but it doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer behaves as if keyboard has a stuck key, but it doesn't: i have tried all the solutions that i've read in the forums. deleting the keyboard drivers why are there 4? helps temporarily, but it comes back. any "solution" i try, IF it works, it only works for a little while. i've tried switching out my keyboard, downloading a new...
  4. computer behaves as if keyboard has a stuck key, but it doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck: My computer is stuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck/f93c4f5d-4cef-4245-a2b6-4523b02bb5ed
  6. Computer stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck: My computer is stuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck/f93c4f5d-4cef-4245-a2b6-4523b02bb5ed
  7. Up Key stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Up Key stuck: Hi everyone, So my Windows is acting out a bit and it registers the up key as always pressed, but only in the file explorer and the menus. Anywhere else it works fine, just in the menus of windows etc. I've tried resetting Windows but that didn't fix the issue. It usually...
  8. **** stuck in computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    **** stuck in computer: While trying to insert my **** recently acquired from cock buster I also inserted my penis into the disc tray and now it is stuck, I am writing this from a weird angle since it is still currently stuck. I would appreciate any immediate assistance in this matter, much love...
  9. Number stuck, no stuck key

Number stuck, no stuck key: Random number stuck on with no stuck keys, Have to restart to stop infinite number . HP OPP All-in-One https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-stuck-no-stuck-key/1388027c-e313-4d25-b719-807e7638fac4
  10. Alt-key stuck

Alt-key stuck: Hey all, I'm having a problem where my alt-key seems to be active all of the time. The alt key is pressed down whether or not I have a keyboard physically connected. Meaning when I use the On Screen Keyboard it displays it as pressed down. I checked and do not have...