Windows 10: Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update

Discus and support Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello probably seen dozens of these... my pc wont update it get stuck on 48% and either freezes or black screen... when pc reverts i get the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosueLeiva, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update

hello probably seen dozens of these... my pc wont update it get stuck on 48% and either freezes or black screen... when pc reverts i get the driver error code but all my drivers update....ive tried all CMD prompts nothing seems to work... Also cant boot gets stuck on 48%....cant restore image nothingOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-A6HOO1U System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI System Type x64-based PC System SKU Default strin

:)

JosueLeiva, Aug 3, 2021

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Jason15R3 Win User
    Windows update stuck at 48%

Failed in place install using mounted iso from steps above. Got past 44% to 48% then froze. Got error 0xC1900101 - 0X30018. See screenshot below.

Do you know what that error means or have any other suggestions?

If I do a complete new install is there a way I can make an iso of what i have to that i dont have to install all my programs over again?
    Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update 91f4ab8c-54a6-4733-beef-d1a97989d2e9?upload=true.png

Jason15R3, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update

Windows 10 update 1909 stuck at 48%

Hi Xavier PrathapW,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I renamed the 'Download' folder, and updated using the MediaCreationTool 1909 (it did a clean Windows 10 install), but that failed too.

After the installation, the system tried doing the updates again and it got stuck at 48% again, like it always does.

When restarting my pc, I got this error: 'We couldn't install Windows 10'

Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update b2d27895-6881-4307-8858-d5a4c269b992?upload=true.jpg

JulietteBroucke, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update

1. Stuck on 48% will not boot...cant update - Similar Threads - Stuck 48% boot

2. Windows 10 update 2H22 stuck at 48%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update 2H22 stuck at 48%: I have been trying to update my lenovo ideapad 330 15ikb for quite a while now and always it got stuck at the 48% mark. When it got stuck i used to force restart it and it used to undo the changes madeTried troubleshooting, always showed that the errors have been mended.A few...
  3. Windows 10 update 2H22 stuck at 48%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 2H22 stuck at 48%: I have been trying to update my lenovo ideapad 330 15ikb for quite a while now and always it got stuck at the 48% mark. When it got stuck i used to force restart it and it used to undo the changes madeTried troubleshooting, always showed that the errors have been mended.A few...
  4. Windows update stuck on 48%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck on 48%: I have been trying to update my computer and it is stuck at 48% and not moving and I have troubleshooted it and I cannot see what is wrong with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-on-48/a604151e-d8d6-4516-85e8-e1a02d238652
  5. Windows update stuck on 48%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck on 48%: I have been trying to update my computer and it is stuck at 48% and not moving and I have troubleshooted it and I cannot see what is wrong with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-on-48/a604151e-d8d6-4516-85e8-e1a02d238652
  6. Windows 10 21H1 update stuck at 48%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21H1 update stuck at 48%: Windows 10 has been trying to automatically perform the 21H1 update every other day for the past few weeks. However, the update always hangs at 48%, even when I left my PC to update overnight. Next, I have to force shutdown by pressing the shutdown button for several seconds....
  7. windows update 20h2 stuck at 48%

windows update 20h2 stuck at 48%: Hello, so I have been having some problems with the update to 20h2, i am running windows 10 pro 1909. i have tried the update trobuleshooter and it didn't do anything, so i tried to update with the windows update assistant and still gets stuck at 48% and i have to force shut...
  8. Windows update stuck at 48% forever

Windows update stuck at 48% forever: Hello, lately I've been trying to update my Windows 10 1909 to 20H2 version, a lot, but everytime it gets stuck in Working on updates 48%, until I have to restart my laptop and it reverts back to the previous Window version. I've tried all the below mentioned troubleshooting...
  9. Windows update stuck at 48%

Windows update stuck at 48%: My computer won’t update. Every time it tries, it gets to 48% then freezes. It then reverts back to the previous version. I used to get stuck at 44% see link below. Error: 0xC1900101-0x30018 Installation failed in theFIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...
  10. Windows 10 update 1909 stuck at 48%

Windows 10 update 1909 stuck at 48%: Windows 10 has been trying to automatically do the 1909 update every other day for the last few weeks. However, the update always gets stuck at 48%, even when I left my pc to update overnight. I have to then force shut down by pressing my shut down button for several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 restart then hangs 48%