Windows 10: Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this

Discus and support Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to restart my PC with the cloud download of windows and it got stuck on 74%. I did some searching and a thread on here said it wasn't going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tiasp, Nov 23, 2021.

1. tiasp Win User

Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this

I attempted to restart my PC with the cloud download of windows and it got stuck on 74%. I did some searching and a thread on here said it wasn't going to finish and to hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds to restart the PC. They said that if it didn't start to do it again and the PC would automatically go into recovery mode. Which I think it did but now I'm stuck on this screen. Is this normal? What should I do?

:)

tiasp, Nov 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 Resetting Stuck at 74%

I have successfully restoring Windows 10 with 'Reset this PC Remove Everything' option on
    my ASUS Laptop. It is Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30Hz, 16GB RAM.

Then I do the same on my desktop DELL-XPS Intel® Core™ i7-2nd generation CPU, 16GB RAM. But it stuck at ‘Resetting this PC 74%’ while the white points animate in a small circle. From the reset start to 74% takes only about 30 minutes but I have
    wait 4 hours until now. I read
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-installation-stuck-at-74/f168b9ba-440f-4867-a789-dedb70ac6461
    and remove my
    external USB-hardrive (as backup data files). I am also ready to wait the next 24 hours. DELL-XPS is my master PC which has worked perfectly before resetting. I have just wish to totally remove over 40 software and all files by reset Windows 10, and install
    fewer to make the PC works even better. What happen if I after a day force DELL-XPS to shut down by hold on the power button, if it still stuck at 74%? Can I do something when I open it again?

TrucHuynh_ICDAS, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Windows Update stuck at 74%

I'll try your suggestions later. There's no error code being displayed. The progress bar on the Windows Update screen is just stuck on 74%. At the top it says 'Windows update available' & when I click on 'Details' it says 'Waiting for download'.

Since having the latop a week ago, the only changes I have made is to install itunes & Microsoft Office. I don't know how long the update has been stuck as yesterday ws the first time I looked at the System Updates screen. Thanks

dukester68, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this

My Asus laptop is stuck at 74% on yesterday's update.

My Asus laptop is stuck at 74% on yesterday's update. The screen is stuck. The little circle is stopped. I turned it off and back on. It starts over with %'s and stops at 74%

MargaretSkeans, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this

1. Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this - Similar Threads - Stuck 74% shut

2. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  3. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  4. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck in Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  6. Stuck in Shutting Down

Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  7. Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this: I attempted to restart my PC with the cloud download of windows and it got stuck on 74%. I did some searching and a thread on here said it wasn't going to finish and to hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds to restart the PC. They said that if it didn't start to do it...
  8. Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this

Stuck on 74% so I shut it down and now this: I attempted to restart my PC with the cloud download of windows and it got stuck on 74%. I did some searching and a thread on here said it wasn't going to finish and to hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds to restart the PC. They said that if it didn't start to do it...
  9. Laptop is stuck at shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...
  10. My laptop shut down on update and it's stuck now, help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop shut down on update and it's stuck now, help?: So, my laptop was updating after I turned it on,and when it got to 100% it got stuck, the little ring thing kept spinning but it remained like that for almost an hour, then the power went out and since there's no battery it shut down completely. Now it starts up and it gets...