Windows 10: Stuck on 87%

Discus and support Stuck on 87% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm currently updating my windows 10 computer and it says "Installing - 87%" its been like that for a hour or 2, I'm not sure if something is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GamingMaki, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Stuck on 87%

I'm currently updating my windows 10 computer and it says "Installing - 87%" its been like that for a hour or 2, I'm not sure if something is interrupting it, Its making me frustrated. If anyone can help I would much appreciate it.

:)

GamingMaki, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Windows 10 update stuck at 87%

Hi Steen,

It is possible that there are 3rd party virus or errors in updating Windows 10 causing you to get stuck at 87%.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For information and troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue with updating Windows 10, you can refer to

Wungraileng Vashi
    's post by clicking this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update stuck at 87%

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your computer is getting stuck at 87% when trying to update it is due to a corrupted system file. As our initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you run the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Let us know the result of running the troubleshooter.

Dennis Mop, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Stuck on 87%

Windows 10 update stuck at 87%

Hi,

In order for us to further assist you with your update issue, we would like to gather more information:

• Does your update get stuck at a certain percentage as well?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on 87%

1. Stuck on 87% - Similar Threads - Stuck 87%

2. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  3. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  4. HP laptop stuck in Reconstructing Cache Metadata screen

HP laptop stuck in Reconstructing Cache Metadata screen: Hi, my HP Pavilion 14-ce3501sa is stuck in the Reconstructing Cache Metadata Screen. It is stuck on “creating the segment/index pairs ….. 1%” I’ve tried all the solutions on the forums. I can’t hard boot into the recovery mode as I can’t get to the screen with loading dots....
  5. Installation of Win 11 stuck at 87% getting updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Win 11 stuck at 87% getting updates?: I'm upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro via USB. My computer NUC11 is showing Getting updates and has been at 87% for about 40 minutes, is it stuck and, if it is, what should I do?...
  6. Installation of Win 11 stuck at 87% getting updates?

Installation of Win 11 stuck at 87% getting updates?: I'm upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro via USB. My computer NUC11 is showing Getting updates and has been at 87% for about 40 minutes, is it stuck and, if it is, what should I do?...
  7. Windows Update stuck at 87%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at 87%: I am on Windows 10 attempting to update to version 20H2, from whatever version was immediately before. I am looking in the Settings > Windows Update window. The update downloads successfully, then gets stuck at 87% every time. I have left it running overnight. I have...
  8. Acer Laptop Factory Reset Stuck at 66%-87%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acer Laptop Factory Reset Stuck at 66%-87%: For the past 9 hours my Acer laptop has been going through a factory reset and its been stuck in a never ending loop where it'll get up to 87% then freeze before cycling the power and starting over at 66% only to get back up to 87% and repeat the same process over and over...
  9. Windows Update 1903 Update Continues to Get Stuck at 87%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 1903 Update Continues to Get Stuck at 87%: I have read all the fixes tried them myself and then turned over to, "The Geek Squad" who spent hours remotely trying to fix the problem without success. My next step is to take my computer in so they physically can work on it, which I would prefer not to do. I also read that...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting: PC Specs: Windows 8.1 64-Bit Zoostorm Gaming PC Intel Core i7-4770 16GB DDR3 Ram 1,333Mhz Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM SATA 6 * HD partitions: 300MB Recovery, 260MB EFI System, 919.32GB NTFS (C*Smile, 451MB Recovery, 350MB Recovery, 10.74GB...