Windows 10: stuck on 99%

Discus and support stuck on 99% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 upgrade has been stuck on 99% for 24 hours now what do i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SueBlack2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. SueBlack2 Win User

stuck on 99%

My windows 10 upgrade has been stuck on 99% for 24 hours now what do i do

:)

SueBlack2, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.

Hi Lynn,

To get a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• What is the make and model of your Computer?

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Just to clarify, are you trying to update Windows 10 or Are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from any older version of Windows?

• If you are doing an upgrade; how are you upgrading to Windows 10? What is the Windows version already installed on Computer?
    I

suggest you to follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in the below link and check if you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10 successfully.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

stuck on 99%

Your device needs the lastest security updates stuck at 99%

Hi Thamonwan,

It is possible that the issue is caused by corrupted system files. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps outlined in the support article:
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99%.

Note: Follow these steps before you restart your PC. Otherwise, the Media folder might not be available.

Hope this information helps. Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

stuck on 99%

1. stuck on 99% - Similar Threads - stuck 99%

2. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  3. Screen stuck on installing 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen stuck on installing 99%: When i was installing windows 11 everything was going smoothly until i came across thisThe screen is dark and saysInstalling 99%Please keep your computer onYour computer may restart a few timesIts been like this for an hour and before it was on Just a momemt for 1h 30mins and...
  4. Screen stuck on installing 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen stuck on installing 99%: When i was installing windows 11 everything was going smoothly until i came across thisThe screen is dark and saysInstalling 99%Please keep your computer onYour computer may restart a few timesIts been like this for an hour and before it was on Just a momemt for 1h 30mins and...
  5. Windows 11 download tool stuck at step 3 at 99%

Windows 11 download tool stuck at step 3 at 99%: I'm trying to install windows 11 with the installation assistant but it seems to be stuck at 99% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-download-tool-stuck-at-step-3-at-99/c23b19db-2ce1-4fd1-ae23-246c907a12ee
  6. Windows 11 download tool stuck at step 3 at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 download tool stuck at step 3 at 99%: I'm trying to install windows 11 with the installation assistant but it seems to be stuck at 99% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-download-tool-stuck-at-step-3-at-99/c23b19db-2ce1-4fd1-ae23-246c907a12ee
  7. Cloud reinstall got stuck at 99

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud reinstall got stuck at 99: I was resetting my laptop but when it was time to choose between local reinstall and cloud reinstall, i choose cloud reinstall and the whole process started and after connecting to the wifi download started, but now it is stuck at downloading 99% for over an hour now what to...
  8. Cloud reinstall got stuck at 99

Cloud reinstall got stuck at 99: I was resetting my laptop but when it was time to choose between local reinstall and cloud reinstall, i choose cloud reinstall and the whole process started and after connecting to the wifi download started, but now it is stuck at downloading 99% for over an hour now what to...
  9. New HP Pavilion Ryzen 55 Stuck at battery Health 99%, charges.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Pavilion Ryzen 55 Stuck at battery Health 99%, charges.: New Laptop, It once stopped without any battery warning, after charging it the battery health is stuck at 99% and wont go down. I've given my advanced battery settings to make the problem more easier to understand....
  10. New HP Pavilion Ryzen 55 Stuck at battery Health 99%, charges.

New HP Pavilion Ryzen 55 Stuck at battery Health 99%, charges.: New Laptop, It once stopped without any battery warning, after charging it the battery health is stuck at 99% and wont go down. I've given my advanced battery settings to make the problem more easier to understand....