Windows 10: Stuck on advanced menu. Can’t login. Incorrect password.

Discus and support Stuck on advanced menu. Can’t login. Incorrect password. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, So I had a problem with my x62 kraken, leds werent working properly. So I wanted to try a safe boot mode. I did go in msconfig, check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KR3KZ, Apr 15, 2019.

1. KR3KZ Win User

Stuck on advanced menu. Can’t login. Incorrect password.

Hello,

So I had a problem with my x62 kraken, leds werent working properly.

So I wanted to try a safe boot mode.

I did go in msconfig, check safe/secure boot (dont remember wich one). And I rebooted my pc.

Since so when I login, I have access to the advanced menu options where I can restore my system, choose a backup file, access command line etc.

What ever the option I choose, its asking me for the password of my account.

I tried the password (which is working on gmail) and my PIN.

NONE is working so i cant do anything.

So i am stuck on this menu and cant use my computer anymore. Its so frustrating.

I have tried the USB BOOT option.

so I can repair the install and choose command line to type the :

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} blablabla

but its not working. It says the command cant be use at the state of the boot.

so please help me, I really need my computer and the files in it.

It can make me lost a lot of money.

what Can i do ?

i just want to retrieve the normal boot and use my pc. my pc was working perfectly and have no problem. Its just that im stuck on the login page, cant do anything.

thanks for the help .....

:)

KR3KZ, Apr 15, 2019
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Not able to login in safe mode windows 10 showing incorrect password

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error it gives when you try to enter the password?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2: Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

You can also refer to the below thread and check if it helps.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 15, 2019
  4. SriramC Win User

Unable to Login into Windows 10, says Password is incorrect - but I am entering correct password

Hi All

My windows 10 is logically locked and I am unable to login even after giving correct password. I am stuck at Login screen.

My observation is that it says "Incorrect Password" and it is right. Why is it right , because it is not accepting all the characters.

say if the password is "abcdefg1" ; the login screen password field is accepting only "abcdefg" ; hence wrong password.

Is there a fix to this if yes how can we apply without logging into windows 10.

Regards

Thanks in advance

SriramC, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Stuck on advanced menu. Can’t login. Incorrect password. - Similar Threads - Stuck advanced menu

2. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  3. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  4. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  6. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu: So my computer started having some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED issues, and so I was going to fix it. While the BSODs are an issue, that is another can of worms that I am not discussing about rn. I was going to use tools in Advanced Startup but now it prompts for a password, these...
  7. Incorrect Passwords on Advanced Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....: I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to...
  9. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....: I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to...
  10. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....