Windows 10: Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

Discus and support Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows update arrived today, and this is where my system is currently. Endless update in progress, and I'm a bit frustrated why I should run into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Treverbuckley, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

The Windows update arrived today, and this is where my system is currently. Endless update in progress, and I'm a bit frustrated why I should run into this issue through your updates. I don't have the ability to figure this out on my own. Please help, everything was fine today until the update! Thanks

:)

Treverbuckley, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Jo_2013 Win User

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting". Any suggestions on how to rectify?

OP - Jo_R

Jo_2013, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10. 12 to 24 hours

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To change the time format from 12 hour to 24 hour in Windows 10.

Follow the steps:

• Navigate to Control panel.
    • In the category view of the control panel, click on the
      ‘Change date, time, or number formats’.
    • Change the short time to HH:mm from the drop down.
    • Press Apply to make the changes.
    • Now your time format will change to 24 hour format.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 7, 2021
  4. MrAPXV Win User

Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

Windows Update Stuck at 24% Twice

Two times I selected "update and restart" and both times the update was stuck at 24%. The second time it was stuck for four hours before I rebooted. Is there a solution?

MrAPXV, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago

1. Stuck on an update more than 24 hours ago - Similar Threads - Stuck update more

2. Desktop stuck on restarting for more than 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop stuck on restarting for more than 12 hours: Hello,after the recent windows 11 update on my desktop, my computer has been stuck on the restarting phase for the last two days. I have tried to manually turn off the computer and start it again, it will not go past "restarting"This also happened to my laptop to which it...
  3. Desktop stuck on restarting for more than 12 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop stuck on restarting for more than 12 hours: Hello,after the recent windows 11 update on my desktop, my computer has been stuck on the restarting phase for the last two days. I have tried to manually turn off the computer and start it again, it will not go past "restarting"This also happened to my laptop to which it...
  4. Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours: I have been experiencing this dns error for more than 24 hours now and not once did i get my internet back i tried all methods that was available on the internet, ie the commands used in cmd promt like flushdns, renew dns, register dns, winsock int ip, ipconfig etc etc, i...
  5. Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dns server unavailable for more than 24 hours: I have been experiencing this dns error for more than 24 hours now and not once did i get my internet back i tried all methods that was available on the internet, ie the commands used in cmd promt like flushdns, renew dns, register dns, winsock int ip, ipconfig etc etc, i...
  6. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour: I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered...
  7. Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update stuck in Please Wait Screen for more than an hour: I have a HP Laptop that has updates installed regularly. Today once the update was initiated the system is stuck @ Please wait screen.There is NO way to know when is this going to finish OR is it even progressing.Loosing trust with Microsoft when such issues are encountered...
  8. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  9. Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store "Downloads and Updates" stuck on 'Pending' for more than 24 hours: I have a number of updates stuck in "Pending" status, seemingly triggered when the Xbox Beta app said it needed an update. They have been this way for more than 24 hours now, and a system restart just brings it back to the same state. Is this a known issue with a known...
  10. Windows 10 update stuck frozen for more than 2 hours

Windows 10 update stuck frozen for more than 2 hours: When I restart my laptop. It was working good for a while, but suddenly when it became 96% it stops. What should I do now? I am scared that my file will disappear if I shut down the laptop. Plz help me [IMG]...