Windows 10: Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it

Discus and support Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've seen a lot of people had this problem, but i've reset this a bunch of time and I still have the attempting repairs loop. before that comes up, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nfd05, May 12, 2019.

1. nfd05 Win User

Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it

I've seen a lot of people had this problem, but i've reset this a bunch of time and I still have the attempting repairs loop. before that comes up, i can hit f11 and it opens up my MSI z97 pc mate which gives me a bunch of options but i don't know what to do. please any help is welcome. thank you

:)

nfd05, May 12, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 12, 2019
  3. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 12, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Stuck on "attempting repairs" with no way to get to the menu to fix it - Similar Threads - Stuck attempting repairs

2. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  3. Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Attempting Repair" loop on startup.: Hi, I'm trying to fix my son's laptop which is stuck on "attempting repair" on startup. I've tried pretty much everything I think. I booted from a flashdrive, tried everything including system restore which failed as it scanned the file system on the drive C:\ It suggests the...
  4. PC stuck on attempting repairs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC stuck on attempting repairs: Hi,i was updating some drivers on my Asus all in one pc and i accidentally updated the wrong driver. it said something about having to restart and then it said that the computer needed to be repaired and it’s been stuck on the attempting repairs screen for a while. the driver...
  5. Stuck in "attempting repairs" screen/ can't get into advanced options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "attempting repairs" screen/ can't get into advanced options: Hello, I run into a problem where my Win10 Pc crashed in Standby Mode. I started the Pc and had a blue screen, then windows automatical repair started. It could not fix the Problem and I got into the advanced Options screen. Here I selected the repair process again, but It...
  6. Stuck in "Attempting Repairs Loop"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in "Attempting Repairs Loop": Hello, I have an Acer Aspire V no CD Rom computer that continues to transition to black screen from the home screen. After conducting the boot/reboot process to get to Safe Mode, I was able to work with the computer, removed the most recent update; but it reverted back to...
  7. Attempting repairs stuck

Attempting repairs stuck: so, i have sony vaio. Yesterday i played like 3-4 hours, and now i opened my laptop and this happened [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attempting-repairs-stuck/d8f6cd82-f5ce-4c6f-b20a-c3ee2eb18862
  8. PC stuck in attempting repair.

PC stuck in attempting repair.: My acer all-in-one pc has suddenly become unable to boot. It keeps getting stuck at the attempting repairs for hours. I have tried to force shut down and click alt+f10 to try to reset the pc. It just hang there and wont proceed to reset the pc despite clicking it. I tried...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on "attempting repairs"!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck on "attempting repairs"!: I downloaded Assetto Corsa for the first time on steam, right after moved the folder from my C dribe to E drive to savespace, ran the game, it promoted me with “installing first time setup” files, and then had an error and said there wasnt enough space when my C drive has...
  10. windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair

windows 10 stuck on attempting to repair: tried the 3 reboot and it does nothing same issue over and over again can not get past the attemting to repair screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-attempting-to-repair/0c887bc7-689d-412d-9f9f-4d3acb3e4759