Windows 10: Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore

Discus and support Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had already system restored my pc multiple times and it was fine, but for some reason this time it ran automatic repair and said it didnt work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Julian Chen101, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore

I had already system restored my pc multiple times and it was fine, but for some reason this time it ran automatic repair and said it didnt work. I then went to advanced options to reset it, entering my recovery key. I did this multiple times on both cloud download and the local option, both did not work, just went back to the automatic repair page, then saying it did not work.

:)

Julian Chen101, Jul 10, 2024
  2. sol_kiwi Win User

Stuck at Automatic repair mode while installing Windows Updates.

Still on preparing automatic repair

It is still stucking i can not even rebooth my windows

Can u help me to get into recovery options pls

sol_kiwi, Jul 10, 2024
  3. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore

System stuck in automatic repair endless loop while restoring the device to factory settings on Windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it stuck at endless loop with automatic repair. Do not worry, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Why are you trying to perform/ restore the system to factory settings?
    • How exactly you are trying to perform so?
    [*]
    I would like to inform that Restore factory settings on your device will:

• Reinstalls the version of Windows that your PC came with (either
      Windows 7/8 or Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Reinstalls any apps your PC manufacturer installed on your PC.

NOTE: While restoring the system to factory settings erases all the user data, it is recommended to create an external backup of the content to ensure that there is no loss of user data.

As you are not able to boot the device, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform automatic repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1: Download
    Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue with the required information for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore

1. Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore - Similar Threads - Stuck automatic repair

2. Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on automatic repair did not work after trying a system restore: I had already system restored my pc multiple times and it was fine, but for some reason this time it ran automatic repair and said it didnt work. I then went to advanced options to reset it, entering my recovery key. I did this multiple times on both cloud download and the...
  3. Preparing automatic repair after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing automatic repair after system restore: Trying to restore my previous changes to my computer and while its restoring the laptop got interrupted by power and now it says automatic repair. I forced the laptop to shutdown then wait before turning it back on but it goes automatically straight to preparing automatic...
  4. Preparing automatic repair after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair after system restore: Trying to restore my previous changes to my computer and while its restoring the laptop got interrupted by power and now it says automatic repair. I forced the laptop to shutdown then wait before turning it back on but it goes automatically straight to preparing automatic...
  5. Preparing automatic repair after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt: My laptop is a Lenovo 20NF0012US ThinkPad E595 AMD Ryzen 5 3500U w/ Radeon Nega Mobile GfxProcessor Bios Lenovo R11et40W 1.20 Windows 20H2 with all updates installed through April 8. After running updates last week my Logitech headset microphone stopped working. I use...
  7. Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  8. Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  9. Automatic repair boot loop after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair boot loop after system restore: I recently installed an update through windows update and noticed the wifi wasnt working so i did a system restore, all worked fine until 5 minutes after rebooting when a blue screen came up and now my laptop is stuck in a loop of turning on. Automatic repair failing and...
  10. Preparing Automatic Repair loop, even after system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop, even after system restore: Hello. The Windows 10 HP laptop is always "preparing automatic repair" on boot. It then says diagnosing pc and then gets to a screen saying it did not start correctly and there is restart and advanced options. In the advanced options I tried to do a system restore and it...