Windows 10: Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

Discus and support Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I put my windows to reset. Erase everything and all. It was going okay, but suddenly the laptop turned off. I turned it back on and it asked me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M Roshaan Umar, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

I put my windows to reset. Erase everything and all. It was going okay, but suddenly the laptop turned off. I turned it back on and it asked me for bitlocker recovery key. I typed in the recovery key and it went to the next screen. Then a pop up came saying that “the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation”. When I pressed okay it took me back to the bit locker recovery screen. No matter how many times I enter the key, the same thing happens. T

:)

M Roshaan Umar, Dec 9, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Dec 9, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

1. Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop - Similar Threads - Stuck bitlocker recovery

2. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  3. Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bitlocker recovery key blue screen: I recently changed motherboard, case, cpu cooler and case fans from my hp omen 25l and upon the first boot, it is stuck in the blue screen asking for bitlocker recovery key. When i go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey it says “You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your...
  4. Laptop stuck on bitlocker reset screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on bitlocker reset screen: Upon start up laptop entered bit locker restart mode. Would not allow me to enter passkey. Entered reset option. Screen now stack on reset this PC will not go back will not allow me to click any back button or escape or shut PC down...
  5. Laptop stuck on bitlocker reset screen

Laptop stuck on bitlocker reset screen: Upon start up laptop entered bit locker restart mode. Would not allow me to enter passkey. Entered reset option. Screen now stack on reset this PC will not go back will not allow me to click any back button or escape or shut PC down...
  6. Laptop stuck on bitlocker reset screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen: So this all started when I wanted to factory reset my computer, I did it and it was working fine but I got a TPM message thing and it told me if I wanted to erase or not, or something like that.anyway I say erase and now its telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key1- I...
  8. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen: So this all started when I wanted to factory reset my computer, I did it and it was working fine but I got a TPM message thing and it told me if I wanted to erase or not, or something like that.anyway I say erase and now its telling me to enter my bitlocker recovery key1- I...
  9. Stuck on bitlocker recovery screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on bitlocker recovery key screen after trying to reset laptop: I put my windows to reset. Erase everything and all. It was going okay, but suddenly the laptop turned off. I turned it back on and it asked me for bitlocker recovery key. I typed in the recovery key and it went to the next screen. Then a pop up came saying that “the computer...