Windows 10: Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

Discus and support Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs” in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently built a gaming pc for myself, and everything was running fine for the last month or so, but today i attempted a slight overclock on my cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael.1229, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

I recently built a gaming pc for myself, and everything was running fine for the last month or so, but today i attempted a slight overclock on my cpu and now windows wont boot. I can get into the bios, but other than that when i start my computer i either get a screen saying “preparinf automatic repairs” followed by a black screen where i can move my mouse cursor, OR, i get stuck on a loading screen with the white dots and the MAG branding from my motherboard. I tried to boot windows off of a windows install USB, but my computer just bluescreens after selecting windows 10 64-bit. some help would be greatly appreciated i feel totally lost and kinda hopeless right now

in case it matters, here are my specs

Ryzen 7 5800x

Gtx 1660ti

32 gigs of 3600 speed g.skill memory

msi mag b550 tomahawk

using an nvme ssd with windows installed on it

:)

Michael.1229, Jan 24, 2021
  2. subby Win User

Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

subby, Jan 24, 2021
  3. windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

Hello,

I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the
    "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom.

I've tried doing the hard restarts many times, but the laptop will never boot into the Recovery Environment.

I tried hard restarts but it keeps repeating this cycle over and over again - "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen "STUCK" . I even left my laptop on the black screen for a couple of hours, hoping it might fix
    itself but it does nothing.

How can I get out of this problem that Windows has forced my laptop into?

Thank you

Bachtiar_R, Jan 24, 2021
  4. abapsmoke Win User

Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

1. Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs” - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  3. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  4. Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair: Hi, So this morning I had opened my computer as usual, but this time it took me to an HP loading screen saying it was preparing for automatic repair. So I decided to wait a bit. After a while the charging icon disappeared and my screen went black and then my computer still...
  5. Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair: Hi, So this morning I had opened my computer as usual, but this time it took me to an HP loading screen saying it was preparing for automatic repair. So I decided to wait a bit. After a while the charging icon disappeared and my screen went black and then my computer still...
  6. Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows is stuck on a black screen after preparing for automatic repair.

windows is stuck on a black screen after preparing for automatic repair.: hi. Recently my laptop was performing extremely slow and took a load of time to startup so i decided to perform defragmentation and a disk clean up, then I wanted to uninstall some programs which was not possible because of an error the required data was not placed in memory...
  8. Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair

Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair: Hello. So a couple days ago i had opened my computer as normal but this time it took me to a Hp loading screem that said preparing for automatic repair. So i decided to wait it out a bit. After some time the loading icon was gone amd my screen had turned black. Ever simc then...
  9. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...
  10. Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’: Hey. Yesterday my HP laptop finished updating to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 version. Everything was fine for a few hours until I shifted the pc and accidentally pulled the battery out, so it shut down suddenly. My laptop has a black ‘bar’ just below the screen...