Windows 10: Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

Discus and support Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bsdf, Sep 25, 2022.

1. bsdf Win User

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in my Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried other options before resorting to the "Reset this PC" option. I tried uninstalling the recent quality and and feature update first to no avail it keeps going to blue screen still when i try to turn my laptop back on. I have also tried the system restore but it seems that my pc has no restore point. I also tried the System

:)

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Corvs Win User
    Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Product: Pavillion 550-103na
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to reset OK. But it got worse, now I start the PC, it gets the black screen and the HP logo, it then goes to a blue screen asking for location, click next, it says error and needs an update, click next to connect to WiFi as instructed and it restarts itself and loops back to the first screen asking for location. I don't have an external drive or anything, what can I do to get this set up again? It was bought in 2107 but barely used, it's practically brand new from lack of use so I just don't understand the problem.

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings [​IMG]

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings [​IMG]

Corvs, Sep 25, 2022
  4. bdxoul Win User

My pc is stuck at Black screen with cursor

Hello There Everyone.

I shutdown my pc yesterday after work after 12 hours i open it but i am stuck with black screen. I tried my steps to open it but it dosen't work.
    Steps i did
    *i tried to startup repair on advance menu
    *i have reset the pc ( its says problem occured)
    *i have Uninstalled recent update.
    My pc specs
    *Acer Veriton
    *64 bit
    *windows 10
    Please help me to solve out

bdxoul, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Black screen after before/after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after before/after factory reset.: Hello,So i am having a black screen issue where i can see my cursor and see a pop up box in the bottom left that says NVIDIA Control Panel is not found click here to download from microsoft store. this all started from a simple restart, once it was booting up after restarting...
  3. Black screen after before/after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after before/after factory reset.: Hello,So i am having a black screen issue where i can see my cursor and see a pop up box in the bottom left that says NVIDIA Control Panel is not found click here to download from microsoft store. this all started from a simple restart, once it was booting up after restarting...
  4. Computer stuck in a black screen after I tried to factory reset

Computer stuck in a black screen after I tried to factory reset: My computer been having a LOT of bios issues, so I tried to factory reset it yesterday. I left it when I saw it at getting ready - 30% but when I came back it was at a black screen, with my keyboard and mouse turned off, but my pc was running and my microphone was getting...
  5. Computer stuck in a black screen after I tried to factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck in a black screen after I tried to factory reset: My computer been having a LOT of bios issues, so I tried to factory reset it yesterday. I left it when I saw it at getting ready - 30% but when I came back it was at a black screen, with my keyboard and mouse turned off, but my pc was running and my microphone was getting...
  6. Computer stuck in a black screen after I tried to factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after I did a Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried other options before...
  8. Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings

Stuck on black screen after resetting pc to factory settings: My screen has been stuck on a black screen for over an hour now after I have decided to "Reset this PC" and "Keep My Files" after there was an error in my Windows Update. My laptop was working really fine before the update too. I should probably also say that I have tried...
  9. Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset

Windows 10 - Stuck at Black Screen After Factory Reset: So, earlier today I did a full reset of my PC. It's still fairly new but I wanted to clear everything off and start fresh. I was expecting it to take a few hours since I have 2TB but it's been about 16 now and it's still showing up as a black screen with my monitor saying "No...
  10. PC stuck at black screen after reset

in Windows 10 Support
    PC stuck at black screen after reset: i did a full reset last night with the clean driver option, it was staying ar 99 percent for awhile last night so i went to sleep. this morning i woke up to it just stuck at being a black screen.i tried rebooting but it just goes back to a black screen after showing the blue...