Windows 10: Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen

Discus and support Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer is getting stuck on the black screen between the Windows 10 logo with loading circle and the login screen. The first couple times it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftisthominid, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen

My computer is getting stuck on the black screen between the Windows 10 logo with loading circle and the login screen.

The first couple times it happened today, I pressed the reset button and then it loaded just fine (though I had an extended black screen between logging in and the desktop loading).

Sometimes I get all the way through to the desktop loading, but then it goes black and stays black after that.

I had a power outage and power surge earlier today, so I don't know if that is at all responsible for this.

:)

leftisthominid, Sep 1, 2017

2. After window 10 update its stuck on Black screen with loading sign

After I updated to windows 10 it got stuck on a black screen with loading symbol.

StevenAlcala, Sep 1, 2017
  3. Update

My husband updated his laptop to windows 10. It is now stuck in a loop of just loading the screen and then it goes black. Then it shows his screen and then it goes black. What do we do?

KimberlyButler, Sep 1, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen

1) are your files backed up?
    2) had you made an image of the drive?
    3) was there any history of drive problems?
    4) had you performed any drive tests such as SMART or generic tests?
    5) have you tried to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu?

6) How To Fill Out Your System Specs How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

7) find 2 flash drives that you can format (the first will be for a windows 10 iso and the second for Kyhi bootable drive if the windows 10 iso fails to restore or repair windows)
    8) create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    9) power on the computer and as soon as you see the windows icon power off > timing is critical
    10) repeat: power on the computer and as soon as you see the windows icon power off > timing is critical
    11) power on the computer and allow it to display "diagnosing your PC" and see if it will open the windows advanced troubleshooting menu

zbook, Sep 1, 2017
Thema:

Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen

1. Stuck on black screen after Windows 10 loading screen - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  3. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  4. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer: Ive been having bsods with kernal data in page error and critical process died errors. Ive used SFC, diagnosed memory, chkdsk, downloaded new bios, new chipset drivers and a new PSU. So now I've reset the computer and it's been stuck on a back page with just the loading...
  6. Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on black loading screen after resetting computer: Ive been having bsods with kernal data in page error and critical process died errors. Ive used SFC, diagnosed memory, chkdsk, downloaded new bios, new chipset drivers and a new PSU. So now I've reset the computer and it's been stuck on a back page with just the loading...
  7. Black screen after windows loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after windows loading screen: Hi, My pc won't load past the loading screenwindows 10 logo and circling dots when i boot it up as and all i get is a black screen. I recently bought a new gpu GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti with a HDMI and 3 DP pisplayport. My monitor has a vga cable so i use a DP to VGA...
  8. Windows 10 stuck with black screen on boot after windows loading screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck with black screen on boot after windows loading screen: I'm using Windows 10, version 1909. The first problem I encountered was that after update completed successfully and my pc got restarted. Everything was normal while booting. The motherboard details windows loading screen and OS Selection screen until then when i...
  9. Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen: Hey Guys, after the Windows loading screen with the rotating circle, I only get a black screen... I already started windows in save mode and disabled all startup-programs etc. but it didn't work... after that, I tried to start Windows in a clean boot, but after I shut down...
  10. Stuck in loading or black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in loading or black screen: I tried to change my pagefile on my computer, then restarted it. After restarting it, when I try to log in it gets stuck in the loading screen. I decided to try the reset option clearing all data from it, but this ends in a black screen/no input to my screen. Anyone have...