Windows 10: Stuck on black screen when Hyper-V is on hypervisorlaunchtype auto

Discus and support Stuck on black screen when Hyper-V is on hypervisorlaunchtype auto in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I bought Windows 10 Pro in order to use Docker Desktop for my work.Problem : I can't use virtualization. When I set hypervisorlaunchtype to auto and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Valkried, May 5, 2021.

1. Valkried Win User

Stuck on black screen when Hyper-V is on hypervisorlaunchtype auto

Hi,I bought Windows 10 Pro in order to use Docker Desktop for my work.Problem : I can't use virtualization. When I set hypervisorlaunchtype to auto and reboot, I'm stuck with a black screen and cannot do anything but force restart.When I disable SVM into the BIOS, Windows is able to load normally. From there, I can set hypervisorlaunchtype to off, then reboot, enable SVM into the BIOS, and I can still access Windows and enable Hyper-V. But Docker still doesn't work properly, as it is for a lot of users. Virtualization requires to set hypervisorlaunchtype to auto, but when I do that a

:)

Valkried, May 5, 2021
  2. 智鍵關 Win User

Using Hypervisor before running Hyper-V

I want to use Hyper-V creating virtual disk to install iso software. After I created virtual disk by Hyper-V, it could not work and showed the following message: hypervisor was not executed !

I tried to input a couple of command at the powershell (administration) :

bcdedit /store c: BootBCD /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

dism /online/eabl-feature/ featurename: Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

````````````` it is still not working ~~~~~ for Hyper-V

Please advise me how to do !

Enclosed with 2 screen images of what I did.

***Original title: how to open hypervisor before using hyper-V in Windows Pro ?***

智鍵關, May 5, 2021
  3. Virtualbox and Hyper-V

I have the latest version of VB installed on my win10pro1903 pc that also has hyper-installed.
    I turn hyper-v off and on,reboot with a bcdedit :
    BCDEDIT /Set {current} hypervisorlaunchtype auto <--- this turns hyper-v on and I can run hyper-v vm or vb vm
    BCDEDIT /Set {current} hypervisorlaunchtype off <---- this turns off hyper-v and I can run either VB VM or vmware VM

VMW Workstation Pro 15 and Windows 1903 Hyper-V Compatibility : vmware

let me clarify:

I have VB 6.0.8 installed and it runs with or without hypervisorlaunchtype auto or off.....
    with hypervisorlaunchtype off, hyper-v vm will not run, vb vm will run, vmware vm will run
    with hypervisorlaunchtype on or auto hyper-v vm will run, and vb vm will run

credential guard is disabled

I have never attempted to run 2 hypervisors at the same time....

shockwaveriderz, May 5, 2021
  4. Stuck on black screen when Hyper-V is on hypervisorlaunchtype auto

VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

Hi, Finlay,

1.Right click on Taskbar > Select Task Manager > Services Tab

Do you see any Hyper-V listings? Disable them.

2. Start > Type Services > Press Enter

There are several listings for Hyper-V ensure they are stopped

3. Right click on Start > Select PowerShell (Admin)

Copy/paste the following into the Window > Press Enter

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

and REBOOT

If you need hypervisor for something like windows emulator tools in visual studio just re-enable when you need by replacing Off with Auto.

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

and REBOOT

Credential Guard is enabled by hypervisor, and when you disable hypervisorlaunchtype, it disables it. No there is no way to use VMWARE Workstation 14 with this enabled, because they don't support the use of stubs to access hardware through their VM

Smittychat., May 5, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on black screen when Hyper-V is on hypervisorlaunchtype auto

1. Stuck on black screen when Hyper-V is on hypervisorlaunchtype auto - Similar Threads - Stuck black screen

2. hyper v black screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hyper v black screen problem: Hello,I added a checkpoint to an Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine that I was using on Hyper V, and when my virtual machine had a problem, I deleted the checkpoint and now it does not open at all.When I want to install a new virtual machine, after the language selection screen,...
  3. hyper v black screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hyper v black screen problem: Hello,I added a checkpoint to an Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine that I was using on Hyper V, and when my virtual machine had a problem, I deleted the checkpoint and now it does not open at all.When I want to install a new virtual machine, after the language selection screen,...
  4. Windows 11 ARM Hyper-V stuck at background screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ARM Hyper-V stuck at background screen: I just received my Windows ARM Devkit 2023. So far so good.Windows 11 came up; I updated, installed hyper-v. So far so good.Downloaded the insider preview build vhdx https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewarm64Configured hyper-v, started the...
  5. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  6. Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Error 0xc0000428 when install in Hyper-V: Trying to install W10 in Hyper-V with W8.1 pro as host. Keep getting this error, but a search reveals fixes for the error only on installed OSes. This wasn't happening previously. Any ideas??? . 31563
  7. Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen

Hyper-V – BSOD or repair screen: Windows 10 Pro 1709, x64. Lenovo desktop, 12 GB memory. I´ve trying to do a virtual boot of a backup image created with Macrium Reflect, using Macrium viBoot. When the vm is started, there appears a BSOD in Hyper-V (Page fault in nonpaged area), or a “Preparing...
  8. Error when installing Hyper-V

Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  9. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  10. Hyper-V – software rendering & screen resolution

Hyper-V – software rendering & screen resolution: I am a new user of Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit host, and have just installed Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit. I have two queries from my initial use, and am hoping that experienced users can give me some guidance. (1) When Linux is first launched I am given a warning...