Windows 10: Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied

Discus and support Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro and i dual boot my laptop with kali linux and after downloading it i use grub boot loader to perform dual booting and turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abduls242, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Abduls242 Win User

Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied

I have windows 10 pro and i dual boot my laptop with kali linux and after downloading it i use grub boot loader to perform dual booting and turn off windows screen protection and real time protection and make the grub boot loader as default but when i shut down and then restar the laptop it stuck on boot menu not showing any boot option like not showing windows boot manager as well as grub boot please guide me because tomorrow is my online paper and in this condition i may be fail..!

:)

Abduls242, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied

No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied

1. Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied - Similar Threads - Stuck boot menu

2. Boot menu stuck!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot menu stuck!: Greetings,Yesterday I was working on my lenovo Windows 10 and suddenly the screen froze, the it showed the blue screen saying there was some problem and the system needs to restart, in the bottom it showed "critical process died". The restart screen was stuck on 0% so I...
  3. Boot menu stuck!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot menu stuck!: Greetings,Yesterday I was working on my lenovo Windows 10 and suddenly the screen froze, the it showed the blue screen saying there was some problem and the system needs to restart, in the bottom it showed "critical process died". The restart screen was stuck on 0% so I...
  4. Stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in boot menu: Stuck in Boot menu and neither legacy option nor the other works to start the laptoP can some one help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-boot-menu/15c34ed8-cba9-463c-aec8-a4796fe106f8
  5. Stuck in boot menu

Stuck in boot menu: Stuck in Boot menu and neither legacy option nor the other works to start the laptoP can some one help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-boot-menu/15c34ed8-cba9-463c-aec8-a4796fe106f8
  6. Stuck in boot menu

Stuck in boot menu: Tomorrow I am doing setup of gta v and when it come to 95% my laptop restart and then show blue screen I think this is normal thing then I off laptop and today I open and see that there I show only boot menu and app menu and bios setting pls can you help me I try to open...
  7. Stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot menu: Tomorrow I am doing setup of gta v and when it come to 95% my laptop restart and then show blue screen I think this is normal thing then I off laptop and today I open and see that there I show only boot menu and app menu and bios setting pls can you help me I try to open...
  8. fix boot -access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fix boot -access denied: i want to know why al others can use a command prompt but i cant why cant iI want to know that pleaseRecently my computer became unbootable so i used bootrec.exebut when i typed bootrec.exe /fixbootthe access is deniedi am the admin of computer than why is this not working....
  9. Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.: My PC had preintsalled Windows 10UEFI.Last month,I installed some linux operating systems in my pcLegacy.So,I know that windows won't show on the grub boot menu.To start windows,I should go to the boot menu and select the "windows boot manager".Yesterday,I installed another...
  10. Two windows boot managers in the boot menu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two windows boot managers in the boot menu.: I recently bought a new SSD and cloned the windows from my previous HDD. My windows booted up from SSD properly. But I still have OS installed on HDD as there were two windows boot managers in boot menu....