Windows 10: Stuck on configure with spinning wheel

Discus and support Stuck on configure with spinning wheel in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update stuck on spinning wheel following download of drivers etc and after copying files. Black screen with blue logo and continuos spinning wheel. 11811 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pitbull1971, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Stuck on configure with spinning wheel

Update stuck on spinning wheel following download of drivers etc and after copying files. Black screen with blue logo and continuos spinning wheel.

:)

Pitbull1971, Aug 1, 2015
  2. 21empark Win User

I forgot my wp8's lock code, help!!!!!!

well yea, but screen stuck on spinning cog wheels for the last 10 hours

21empark, Aug 1, 2015
  3. BriannaJones, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Stuck on configure with spinning wheel

What is the make and full model number of your computer?
    What video does it have (make and model if applicable)?

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2015
  5. DEcosse Win User
    I have same issue as OP
    Two successful upgrades on other systems, this one stalls as described above (second phase of install configuring Apps & drivers, just sits with the black screen, blue win logo and spinning wheel of dots)

Asus M4A88T-M Mobo with AMD Phenom II x2 3.2GHz Dual Core 4GB ram ATI Graphics
    Graphics fine on WIn 7 with appropriate driver upgrade during win 7 install

Left overnight even after 10 hrs still spinning wheel
    Only way out is hard power off
    After re-start will recover & pick up at same spot
    Second hard off will usually make recovery to original OS (win 7 Ultimate)

Tried so far:
    Upgrade from Win Update screen
    Upgrade from USB stick from Media Creator
    Disconnected DVD drives
    Disconnected all USB except install stick & mouse/KB
    Disconnected Printer (USB)
    After check for latest files disconnect ethernet to router (no wifi on this system)
    No other peripherals connected
    Update flash to latest BIOS revision for MoBo

None have any apparent impact, still just stalls on spinning circle

All win 7 updates were completed successfully EXCEPT one, ATK0110 ACPI utility driver update
    I'm not sure if this is driver that is causing issue - I don't see it listed in the device manager anyway

DEcosse, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I have HP Pavilion dm3 notebook running windows 7 home premium. 64 bit. AMD Arthlon Neo X2 dual core processor.
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics.

Pitbull1971, Aug 2, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
  8. DEcosse Win User

Thank you!
    I suspect it may be the driver, especially since Pitbull has similar generation
    However that driver you linked does not appear to be compatible with the HD4250
    I tried regardless and it does not change the driver from its current spec

Question - if I installed a different graphics card (PCI based) to use instead of the embedded graphics controller (the Radeon) is that a possibility?
    Don't need anything expensive or super fast for gaming - just fairly std graphics requirements
    Suggestions?

DEcosse, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    That can work if the problem is the video device.

You can also wait awhile and see if MS or AMD fixes the problem.

Ztruker, Aug 2, 2015
  10. DEcosse Win User
    Thank you again
    I'm willing to make a minor investment in different graphics card, if for no other reason than to eliminate!
    The Radeon HD4250 is pretty old generation now so not sure if/when AMD or MS will ever see any priority to get to that.
    Not an option for Pitbull of course since he has a notebook, but fairly easy & relatively inexpensive for me to try.

Something like GeForce 8400GS is only $38 - and has newly released Win10 Drivers

DEcosse, Aug 3, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    I just installed a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 and am very happy with it. It had a high pitched whine initially but I just realized since I upgraded to Windows 10 the whine is gone. No idea why but I'm not complaining. I got it for $104 from Amazon Prime.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  12. Driver installed but still stopped at 71% while upgrading. Copied Files and went through Installation/drivers but stopped at Configuring - would not reboot and therefore stopped at black screen with Blue windows Logo with spinning wheel. When I had issues with updating Itunes sometime ago, although I have 64 bit device/notebook, my video card didnt work and I download a 32 bit version of the itunes update and it worked. I don't know if they are related but is there a 32 bit windows 10 update? Would this work or should I just wait it out?

Pitbull1971, Aug 3, 2015
  13. DEcosse Win User

Are you sure the Win10 driver actually loaded? According to the AMD site the only driver for your HD3200 is same as the one for my HD4250. Can you check the driver info under device manager and post that?

If you have 64 bit win 7 installed, then you can only 'upgrade' (keeping existing data & apps) with the 64 bit version. (& same for 32 bit); if you do a clean install then you can load either 32 or 64, but the likelihood is, if indeed display driver related, it may still not work.

DEcosse, Aug 3, 2015
  14. AMD HD3200 is up to date. No other driver updates for my notebook. Still no success in installing Win 10. Last time tried it stopped at 71% and would not tebot following loading of alleged copied files, drivers etc at configure stage of process. So the question is, what next. Clear all temporary files via disk clean and start process again? Tried this and failed. Has anyone got any ideas?

Pitbull1971, Aug 4, 2015
  15. DEcosse Win User
    Yes, it's "up to date" but with the latest revision driver available - which is NOT win 10.
    If you post the actual driver info we can confirm for you.
    I expect it will be 8.970.100.1100 from 4/29/2013

DEcosse, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Stuck on configure with spinning wheel - Similar Threads - Stuck configure spinning

2. Computer stucked at spinning wheels after "prepare for automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stucked at spinning wheels after "prepare for automatic repair": Hello, my computer has been stuck at the spinning wheels phase for a while now.A little context on how it got there: As my pc is a bit hold, it tend to freeze at the login screen when on sleep mode, after that i forced restart the PC in order to refresh it, only this time it...
  3. Computer stucked at spinning wheels after "prepare for automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stucked at spinning wheels after "prepare for automatic repair": Hello, my computer has been stuck at the spinning wheels phase for a while now.A little context on how it got there: As my pc is a bit hold, it tend to freeze at the login screen when on sleep mode, after that i forced restart the PC in order to refresh it, only this time it...
  4. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  5. Windows spinning wheel of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spinning wheel of death: My brother recently let his acer laptop do an automatic update and ever since it will turn on to the start up page but sits at the spinning wheel constantly. It's in a loop and won't start up. I can get it to do "preparing automatic repair" but there are no options and screen...
  6. Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel: Is the Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel a scam or no? I spent 10,000 points on it and all I got was a measly 50 points. I mean, do I have to spend 1,000,000 points to get the Laptop???...
  7. Windows 10 machine no longer boots and stuck at spin wheel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 machine no longer boots and stuck at spin wheel: Hi, Few days ago my mature Windows 10 1909 system just stopped working. It wouldn't get past the spinning wheel no matter what and only could get in via safe mode. Eventually that didn't even work. Assuming I had a corrupt system I formatted the disk and installed 1909 from...
  8. spinning blue wheel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spinning blue wheel: this spinning blue wheel is driving me nuts is there an easy way for someone who is not computer literate to stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-wheel/6bf4d66d-141a-4c49-8ae9-bf791341df8f"
  9. Windows 10 stuck at spinning wheel.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck at spinning wheel.: Hi. Today i wanted to update my AMD GRAPHIC CARD but i got an error,so i made a clean uninstall using amd cleanup utility.I restarted my computer and went to windows update to update the driver.Besides the amd update there was another windows update.After download it said...
  10. Windows stuck on spinning wheel on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stuck on spinning wheel on startup: Hi, When I started my computer this morning, and I found it was super slow and lagging on even very basic applications, so I had to force shut it down because it got so bad that it froze and wouldn't respond. When I started it back up I got the loading sign with the windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spinning wheel on Netgear Genie