Windows 10: Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

Discus and support Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Currently i'm having new PC using window 11 and I want to use my laptop using window 10 as a second monitor to extending screen. However it's keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dũng Nguyễn2, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

Hi, Currently i'm having new PC using window 11 and I want to use my laptop using window 10 as a second monitor to extending screen. However it's keep loading on my laptop screen "Desktop ... is about to connect" and it's stuck like that for hours. I tried to use the guide on a similar question but not working.I'm using wireless display version 10.022621.1 on my Desktop and version 10.0.19041.1023 for my laptop. i want to mention this because i think this might be the cause since i was able to extending screen from laptop to desktop but not the otherway around. But i don't know how to down

:)

Dũng Nguyễn2, Jun 4, 2023

2. using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Connecting a Second Monitor to Laptop

Hello,

I am trying to work from home with multiple monitors. I have one monitor connected via HDMI cable. I have the second monitor connected via a USB to HDMI cable, but the screen is not being detected by my Laptop.

I have no other output ports on my laptop besides the one HDMI port and the usb ports. Is there any way to get my laptop to detect the monitor connected via USB to HDMI cable? Or do I need a USB to HDMI adapter?

IsaacCloos, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

1. Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor - Similar Threads - Stuck DESKTOP CONNECT

2. Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "DESKTOP IS ABOUT TO CONNECT" when trying to using my laptop as a second monitor: Hi, Currently i'm having new PC using window 11 and I want to use my laptop using window 10 as a second monitor to extending screen. However it's keep loading on my laptop screen "Desktop ... is about to connect" and it's stuck like that for hours. I tried to use the guide on...
  3. How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use my old laptop as second monitor for my desktop PC?: Hello,I have a laptop I don't use anymore and I would like to know how to use it as a second monitor for my desktop PC using an HDMI cable, and not "projecting to this PC.Thanks,Tom...
  4. Use laptop as the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use laptop as the second monitor: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my desktop, but its not possible using physical cable. I tried using screen projecting on Windows but the laptop eventually became quite delay. What cause this to happen?...
  5. Use laptop as the second monitor

Use laptop as the second monitor: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my desktop, but its not possible using physical cable. I tried using screen projecting on Windows but the laptop eventually became quite delay. What cause this to happen?...
  6. trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working: l am trying to use my Dell Desktop Inspiron 2350 All-in-one desktop as a Monitor for my Acer Laptop. I bought the correct HDMI cable and the shop owner told me to connect the cable with my laptop HDMI OUT port andexternal display HDMI IN port.I told him it didn't work and he...
  7. trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working

trying to use my Desktop as a monitor for my Laptop but it’s not working: l am trying to use my Dell Desktop Inspiron 2350 All-in-one desktop as a Monitor for my Acer Laptop. I bought the correct HDMI cable and the shop owner told me to connect the cable with my laptop HDMI OUT port andexternal display HDMI IN port.I told him it didn't work and he...
  8. Connecting second monitor to my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting second monitor to my desktop: I'm having trouble connecting a second monitor too my desktop I only have 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port and I tried using a VGA and HDMI adapter but I only got a black screen on my second monitor. I could see that it at least recognized something was going on but it was very...
  9. Using laptop as a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as a second monitor?: Ive been trying to use my old crappy laptop as a second moniter on my PC. My computer doesnt have wifi, its using and ethernet. I know you can project screens but i cant due to not having wifi. Is there a way to use an HDMI cable to connect the two? submitted by...
  10. stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    stuck with double blank monitor when connect second monitor: Ok,i have a problem..i use 2 monitor on my laptop,one from the laptop itself and one is regular lcd monitor,i set my another monitor (not the laptop monitor) to a main monitor,and if i connect the sec monitor to my laptop it sayd out of range,and my laptop monitor is not...