Windows 10: Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up

Discus and support Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help! A couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was working fine for 5 years before upgrading and was working until now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Josh.P, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Josh.P Win User

Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up

Help!

A couple weeks ago I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was working fine for 5 years before upgrading and was working until now.

I've returned home after a week away to find that my PC wanted to update. After 2 hours, it was still stuck on a loading screen so I attempted to reboot it.

Now after I sign in, I get a black screen with the task bar flickering on and off. Nothing I try from the Windows Support Site seems to work.

1. I've attempted a system restore, but my computer hasn't set a Restore Point.

2. I've tried resetting the PC, wiping all non default Apps keeping personal files but it just sends me back to the black screen.

3. I've tried accessing Task Manager > Processes, and restarting Windows Explorer but it doesn't appear to do anything and I'm still stuck on the black screen.

4. I've tried the Key Combo:

[Windows Logo] + Shift + Cntrl + B

...to reset the display but it just beeps and does nothing.

Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up [​IMG]

Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up [​IMG]Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up [​IMG]

Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up [​IMG]

:)

Josh.P, Feb 22, 2020

2. photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Stuck at the login screen, flickering

Hi Jenny,

Provide us with the below information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of you computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code flashing when the screen turns black?

This issue could be caused due to the outdate drivers on your computer updating the drivers may fix the problem for you.

If would suggest you to try using another mouse and check if you are able to login, if the keyboard is functioning fine you can use Tab key to navigate to different options on login screen to enter your password to sign in to your computer.

Suggest you to refer below article's for more help on query.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Feb 22, 2020
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

1. Stuck on flickering black screen after start-up - Similar Threads - Stuck flickering black

2. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  3. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  4. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  5. Screen Flickering start up page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering start up page: My windows computer surface was just fine until after when I came back. When I started it up it kept flickering and lagging. I tried to restart it but it didn't work. Furthermore it actually showed the start up page when you login. Any help or solutions?...
  6. Screen Flickering start up page

7. Screen flickering on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering on start-up: Hello,I'm running a double screen setup, one on displayport and one on HDMI, they're also different versions of ASUS screens, with the displayport on a ASUS VG249Q1R and the HDMI on a ASUS VN247. On windows 11.My issue is that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it...
  8. Screen flickering on start-up

Screen flickering on start-up: Hello,I'm running a double screen setup, one on displayport and one on HDMI, they're also different versions of ASUS screens, with the displayport on a ASUS VG249Q1R and the HDMI on a ASUS VN247. On windows 11.My issue is that whenever the computer goes to sleep and I wake it...
  9. Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start Up black flickering screen issue: Hi, laptop has been running fine for ages. Then encountered black screen with flickering white lines on startup. Did a hold power button to reboot and works fine. Narrowed it down to fast startup. Disable it and now works fine. Im fine using without but its nice to have the...
  10. Black Screen after Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Start-up: Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on my laptop. Ever since then, every time I restart or turn on my computer, after the windows logo comes up, the screen becomes black with no cursor and it can stay like that for hours before the login screen comes up. Because of that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code: task bar is not workingscreen is flickering after 2004 windows 10 updates