Windows 10: Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot.

Discus and support Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new Lenovo G70 running windows 10 that my boss wanted me to transfer files to for his wife. Sounded simple but I only had an Ethernet cable on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leanardoe, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Leanardoe Win User

Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot.

Brand new Lenovo G70 running windows 10 that my boss wanted me to transfer files to for his wife. Sounded simple but I only had an Ethernet cable on me, so I decided to set up a network between the new and old computer. However, the newer Lenovo G70 couldn't open the network and sharing center, so I wanted to try and enter diagnostics boot to make sure it wasn't anything weird that my boss's wife had installed. When the computer rebooted, it also installed a windows update, but never got past the "Getting windows ready, Don't turn off your computer." I tried to restart it anyway, but nothing happened.

I think it might be an issue with the diagnostic boot not letting the update take effect, but how can I get around that? I can't even get into bios, or boot settings to try and restore the computer to factory settings.

It also might help to mention that I have a desktop computer at home which has the capability to access this laptop's hard drive if anyone can tell me a method to fix this by editing the files.

:)

Leanardoe, Jul 5, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jul 5, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jul 5, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Leanardoe Win User
    Thank you. I've managed to restart it enough where it prompted an recovery window, but the boot interrupt key is what I was having trouble finding. I knew how to access the personal files, but since it was new that wasn't an issue.

Leanardoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot. - Similar Threads - Stuck Getting ready

2. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  3. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  4. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  6. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  7. Stuck at getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  8. Screen stuck on getting windows ready

Screen stuck on getting windows ready: i updated and shut down when ethernet was unplugged. then i realized it and replugged the ethernet. now the screen is stuck on getting windows ready. did the ethernet have something to do with it? What do I do?...
  9. Enable diagnostic boot in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Enable diagnostic boot in windows 10: Hi, My laptop takes 3 minutes to boot, and seem stuck on the spinning circle thingie. Where do I enable diagnostic boot so I can see what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-diagnostic-boot-in-windows-10/ef120859-e5b0-4180-9098-49ecf2479da2
  10. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...