Windows 10: Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot.

Discus and support Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new Lenovo G70 running windows 10 that my boss wanted me to transfer files to for his wife. Sounded simple but I only had an Ethernet cable on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leanardoe, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Leanardoe Win User

Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot.

Brand new Lenovo G70 running windows 10 that my boss wanted me to transfer files to for his wife. Sounded simple but I only had an Ethernet cable on me, so I decided to set up a network between the new and old computer. However, the newer Lenovo G70 couldn't open the network and sharing center, so I wanted to try and enter diagnostics boot to make sure it wasn't anything weird that my boss's wife had installed. When the computer rebooted, it also installed a windows update, but never got past the "Getting windows ready, Don't turn off your computer." I tried to restart it anyway, but nothing happened.

I think it might be an issue with the diagnostic boot not letting the update take effect, but how can I get around that? I can't even get into bios, or boot settings to try and restore the computer to factory settings.

It also might help to mention that I have a desktop computer at home which has the capability to access this laptop's hard drive if anyone can tell me a method to fix this by editing the files.

:)

Leanardoe, Jul 5, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jul 5, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jul 5, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jul 5, 2016
  5. Leanardoe Win User
    Thank you. I've managed to restart it enough where it prompted an recovery window, but the boot interrupt key is what I was having trouble finding. I knew how to access the personal files, but since it was new that wasn't an issue.

Leanardoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Stuck on "Getting windows ready" after enabling diagnostic boot. - Similar Threads - Stuck Getting ready

2. KB4535547 stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4535547 stuck on getting ready: KB4535547 update is stuck on getting ready for several hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4535547-stuck-on-getting-ready/44fbd33d-aa00-4f80-9a71-6ef66269d42e
  3. Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation"

Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation": My computer was bogging down, so i decided to do a freah install of windows 10. I made a proper bootable usb thats made for uefi with the media creation tool. It keeps getting stuck at about 89% even with a custom install and deleting all possible partitions. Ive tried to...
  4. Getting files ready for installion is stuck

Getting files ready for installion is stuck: Hello MS, i'm installing windows 10 from USB but Getting files ready for i installation stage is stuck in %62 what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-files-ready-for-installion-is-stuck/7b3e7a81-d603-4386-b59e-a66c768a3d22
  5. WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready"

WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready": My Windows Update program gets stuck at "getting things ready" process. I recently reset my laptop with Microsoft Defender to solve existing update problem, but new situation came up. Troubleshooter couldn't find problems, SFC and DISM indicated no problem, BITS is on, so I...
  6. windows stuck , getting devices ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows stuck , getting devices ready: hello , i'm using windows server 2012 R2 , i deploy WDS , i capture one imange , windows 10 professional , and upload to server , later , when I tried to install the image , after copy the files and reboot, it stuck on getting devices ready ! . i added the driver to the...
  7. Getting windows ready after resetting it

Getting windows ready after resetting it: hello i tried to reset my laptop then it restarted then the “getting windows ready” screen showed up and its been like this for an hour already. What can i do??...
  8. Stuck on Getting Devices Ready

Stuck on Getting Devices Ready: Hello community Yesterday I got an update problem and I couldn't boot to windows. I mounted version 1803 of windows on USB and reinstalled windows 10 on my C drive by formatting it. After laptop restarted, It got stuck on getting devices ready 12% (Usb was plugged in that...
  9. Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready": Windows 10 prompted me to restart to install the Creators Update. It's now been sitting for a little over an hour on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer". I can still move the mouse around and the dots are still spinning, but there's no activity on the disk....
  10. Stuck on - Getting a few things ready

Stuck on - Getting a few things ready: Hello, I am hoping I have come to the right place because I have been browsing through your forms and it looks like good feed back! I am having an issue with creating an ISO for windows 10. I have windows 10 already on this laptop; however when I was doing a reset on my...