Windows 10: Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update

Discus and support Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It’s been like an hour, is it supposed to take this long? submitted by /u/lollollmaolol12 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lollollmaolol12, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update

/u/lollollmaolol12, Apr 25, 2020

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update

Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update

1. Stuck on Getting Windows Ready when restarting to update - Similar Threads - Stuck Getting Ready

2. My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready": I was open my laptop last 5:50 am and I left it about 6:30 am idle cuz i'm going to outside for an hour. But I'm arrived 7:40 am my laptop screen is "getting windows ready don't turn off your power". Idk why it suddenly unexpected restart and screen appears only this. Now it...
  3. My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready": I was open my laptop last 5:50 am and I left it about 6:30 am idle cuz i'm going to outside for an hour. But I'm arrived 7:40 am my laptop screen is "getting windows ready don't turn off your power". Idk why it suddenly unexpected restart and screen appears only this. Now it...
  4. My laptop suddenly restart and stuck in "getting windows ready"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on a loop getting windows ready then restarting

Stuck on a loop getting windows ready then restarting: When I turn off or restart my notebook, I get the "getting windows ready" message and it restarts again. This keeps going forever,what should i do?Obs: I can get it to start if i turn it off, press the on/off button for 30 seconds, remove the power cord, plug it on and then...
  6. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  7. Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%'

Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%': Window Update stuck in 'Getting Things Ready - 70%' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-update-stuck-in-getting-things-ready-70/0ff9216b-e3a8-44bd-83fe-25a3d8ccdecd
  8. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...
  9. WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready"

WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready": My Windows Update program gets stuck at "getting things ready" process. I recently reset my laptop with Microsoft Defender to solve existing update problem, but new situation came up. Troubleshooter couldn't find problems, SFC and DISM indicated no problem, BITS is on, so I...
  10. Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready": Windows 10 prompted me to restart to install the Creators Update. It's now been sitting for a little over an hour on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer". I can still move the mouse around and the dots are still spinning, but there's no activity on the disk....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting things ready 70%