Windows 10: Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios

Discus and support Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Mouse and keyboard won’t work unless it’s in bios I recently reset my computer and it’s froze and can’t see my mouse on the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BruceHawkins2, May 10, 2021.

1. Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios

Mouse and keyboard won’t work unless it’s in bios I recently reset my computer and it’s froze and can’t see my mouse on the screen

:)

BruceHawkins2, May 10, 2021

2. windows 10 installation stuck at "Hello there"-screen. Mouse and keyboard not working.

Thank you. I've attempted both recovery and repair, but I cannot get past the "Hi there" screen because I lose keyboard and mouse control at that point. Any other suggestions? Do I need to do something in the BIOS to ensure that Windows maintains control
    to the keyboard and mouse? As I mentioned, both work within the BIOS screen itself.

DavidCaine1, May 10, 2021
  3. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, May 10, 2021
  4. DBum1015 Win User

Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios

keyboard works in BIOS but not on desktop

Hello, Alex!

I'll be glad to assist you today. I don't want to assume anything, but is your mouse working? If it is, you can try to fix the problem in Device Manager. Just follow these steps using your mouse/touchpad:

• Right-click on the Start menu to bring up the Power User Menu, and click
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the
      Hardware and Sound link.
    • Click on
      Device Manager
      under the Devices and Printers group at the top of the screen.
    • In the Device Manager window that pops up, expand
      Keyboards. There you should find your keyboard listed . Right click on your keyboard and select Update Driver Software... to check and see you have the latest driver for the keyboard to work.
    If these steps don't fix your problem, a temporary fix would be to turn on the included On-Screen Keyboard. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on
      Start, Settings, Ease of Access
      , then Keyboard
    • Click to turn on the
      On Screen Keyboard.
    Either of these two options should get you back to typing again in no time! If you need any other help, let me know!

Thanks,

Dustin

DBum1015, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios

1. Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios - Similar Threads - Stuck hello screen

2. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse works in BIOS but NOT in Windows: [IMG]When a keyboard or mouse works in BIOS but not in Windows, it creates problems and makes the computer difficult to use. Such a thing happens to some users. They can use their keyboard or mouse in BIOS, but when they exit BIOS, their keyboard or mouse becomes dead. If you...
  6. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS: Straight to the point, it seems that the keyboard and mouse USB stopped working when doing a system recovery. It all started with an update which caused instability and applications stops working.I started the steps for a system recovery, however, I have not been able to...
  7. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS: Straight to the point, it seems that the keyboard and mouse USB stopped working when doing a system recovery. It all started with an update which caused instability and applications stops working.I started the steps for a system recovery, however, I have not been able to...
  8. Keyboard and mouse works in BIOS but not in the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...
  10. Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/Keyboard Unresponsive at Desktop, works in BIOS: I have been unable to use my mouse and keyboard at the desktop. This problem began when my computer began to slow down about 10 minutes after I booted it up. When I tried to open different windows such as My Computer or access the Task Manager, they would all freeze. Even...