Windows 10: Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons.

Discus and support Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am locked out of my laptop. Welcome screen on loop as all I can see no matter the key I press is the time, date, Wifi and battery icons. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by oakland91487, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons.

I am locked out of my laptop. Welcome screen on loop as all I can see no matter the key I press is the time, date, Wifi and battery icons.

I've tried Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair but it failed

Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore, it also failed

Anything else I can do? Is this a virus?

:)

oakland91487, Feb 13, 2019
  2. jmoss82 Win User

Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons.

I am stuck on this screen. I can't enter a password or pin and every key combo (ctrl/alt/del) I've tried just loops me right back to this. There's no on screen power button or restart options that I can see. I've used the power button on the keyboard to
    restart it but I end up right back here. Everything I've tried just loops back to this.

Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons. [​IMG]

jmoss82, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons.

When typing in password I get half way through then the password field fills randomly on its own not letting me enter correct password.

Hi Stephen,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and try to enter the password, check whether the issue persists or not.

This issue might occur if you press any key by mistake continuously it fills the password field if there is issue with the keyboard.

So determine the issue, I suggest you to use the ‘Onscreen keyboard’ and try to enter the password and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons.

1. Stuck on home screen with no way of entering pin or password. Also no ease of access icons. - Similar Threads - Stuck home screen

2. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  3. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  4. ease of access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  5. Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????: So my issue isn't so much an issue as it is a minor inconvenience, but it's just so strange I wanted to bring it up anyway. When I start up my PC, at the login screen, I can click on the input field for the PIN but nothing I type into it will actually show up.... until I...
  6. Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????: So my issue isn't so much an issue as it is a minor inconvenience, but it's just so strange I wanted to bring it up anyway. When I start up my PC, at the login screen, I can click on the input field for the PIN but nothing I type into it will actually show up.... until I...
  7. Can't enter PIN at the login screen until I... click on the ease of access icon?????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PC Stuck on enter password screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Stuck on enter password screen...: So I have no idea what my password is as I always use a pin, but for some reason windows asked for my password... I tried Microsoft password, but I think this is a local password as that did not work. How do I get off the screen?! Thanks in advance submitted by...
  9. Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways: Having low-vision over here, I have relied on windows screen magnifier and have depended on it since it was introduced in XP. In Windows 7, it was referred to as the XP Magnifier. The current magnifier behaves in ways and poses usage problems for me that i've never had in...
  10. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of access: Are there any registry keys that would completely disable this? I've just had to do a hard reset, because that stupid "press shift x times" thing completely locked my keyboard when I was playing a game. 117321