Windows 10: Stuck on loading wheel in first boot

Discus and support Stuck on loading wheel in first boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Specs: Mobo - ASUS STRIX B450-F on latest stable BIOS GPU - GTX 1070 Ti CPU - Ryzen 2600 PSU - Corsair RM750X SSD - 240GB Crucial (OS SSD) Trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/char_actual, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Stuck on loading wheel in first boot

Specs:

Mobo - ASUS STRIX B450-F on latest stable BIOS

GPU - GTX 1070 Ti

CPU - Ryzen 2600

PSU - Corsair RM750X SSD - 240GB Crucial (OS SSD)

Trying to install Windows for the first time on this new SSD, it gets to the Getting Ready stage, flashes a few times then reboots, once we get to the spinning wheels again, it freezes.

Startup repair does not work, nor does trying safe mode via CMD as technically the system hasn't booted for the first time yet.

Tried clearing CMOS, no luck there either, is there any way to reset the BIOS of this one without clearing the CMOS again? Also tried rebooting several times to trigger startup repair, so far nada. I'm at my wits end folks, it's 2am and I'm 6 hours away from giving this PC to my little brother for his bday.

Quick Edit - From observing the installer, it looks like "Copying Windows Files" or whatever the first stage is goes way too fast, even for an SSD it goes from 0% to 100% almost instantly. Trying a redo of the Create Windows 10 media, tried 2 brand new USBs so far and nada.

Second Edit - Didn't fix it, some extra details - Fast boot is disabled, as is the CMS.

submitted by /u/char_actual
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/char_actual, Jan 21, 2021
  2. netrate Win User

Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

Ok here is the MR steps to be sure I am completing this properly - same error thought.
    Step 1

Stuck on loading wheel in first boot [​IMG]

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

step 5

Step 6 - Error

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT : I did what you said and tried without G (second time, didn't take screen shots), same error. I did notice that NTFS Primary 3 (NONE) doesn't have a drive letter associated with it?

netrate, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Stuck with cog wheels

Lumia 520 stuck with cog wheels while installing update

shakthidharabhat, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Stuck on loading wheel in first boot

Mouse wheel only controls volume

Hi Nathan,

The concern regarding your mouse wheel not working properly can related to either a hardware of software issue. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    • Have you tried using your mouse on another device? If yes, did you encounter the same concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    . This will start your device using a minimal set of programs and drivers to eliminate issues related to software conflicts. Once you're in the clean boot environment, check if you encounter the same error. If not, proceed with the steps under
    the How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    topic. Click the drop-down button to view the steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on loading wheel in first boot

1. Stuck on loading wheel in first boot - Similar Threads - Stuck loading wheel

2. At start up, stuck on either a loading wheel or preparing recovery. Been stuck for hours....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At start up, stuck on either a loading wheel or preparing recovery. Been stuck for hours....: At start up, stuck on either a loading wheel or preparing recovery. Been stuck for hours. Can not get into secure boot. And now just got a watchdog error and computer restarted. Help pleaseI have tried everything that I have read on here...
  3. At start up, stuck on either a loading wheel or preparing recovery. Been stuck for hours....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    At start up, stuck on either a loading wheel or preparing recovery. Been stuck for hours....: At start up, stuck on either a loading wheel or preparing recovery. Been stuck for hours. Can not get into secure boot. And now just got a watchdog error and computer restarted. Help pleaseI have tried everything that I have read on here...
  4. My windows will not boot up stuck on loading blue wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows will not boot up stuck on loading blue wheel: Hello! My computer Corsair Vengance will not boot up and I've tried to put it in safe mode, and it works but when I follow the instruction of going into safe mode with networking by computer says that it cannot do this because someone could easily install malware or something...
  5. My windows will not boot up stuck on loading blue wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows will not boot up stuck on loading blue wheel: Hello! My computer Corsair Vengance will not boot up and I've tried to put it in safe mode, and it works but when I follow the instruction of going into safe mode with networking by computer says that it cannot do this because someone could easily install malware or something...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on black screen with logo and frozen loading wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen with logo and frozen loading wheel: Hello,I’ve been having an issue that when upon startup windows will get stuck on the black screen with the logo and loading wheel, the latter of which spins for a few seconds before freezing. Previously windows would take a very long time to log in, upon doing which it would...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on black screen with logo and frozen loading wheel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck on black screen with logo and frozen loading wheel: Hello,I’ve been having an issue that when upon startup windows will get stuck on the black screen with the logo and loading wheel, the latter of which spins for a few seconds before freezing. Previously windows would take a very long time to log in, upon doing which it would...
  8. windows stuck at first boot up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows stuck at first boot up screen: Hi I have an HP desktop that is running Windows 10. I recently have run into an issue where when I start up my computer, it only loads to a picture of a water dam and at which point the startup goes no further and I have no keyboard or mouse activity that would allow me to...
  9. Windows 10 machine no longer boots and stuck at spin wheel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 machine no longer boots and stuck at spin wheel: Hi, Few days ago my mature Windows 10 1909 system just stopped working. It wouldn't get past the spinning wheel no matter what and only could get in via safe mode. Eventually that didn't even work. Assuming I had a corrupt system I formatted the disk and installed 1909 from...
  10. Loading wheel keeps showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading wheel keeps showing: For some reason, the loading wheel shows for a split second, disappears, then shows again. This repeats for as long as I have my laptop on. Nothing is actually loading and it's not really a problem but I'd like to know how to get rid of it. 15371