Windows 10: Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

Discus and support Stuck on lock screen in safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Maricruz Covarrubias and I can't get out the lock screen in safe mode with my password. I tried that method where you hold the shift key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TippyMaple42678, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

Hello, I'm Maricruz Covarrubias and I can't get out the lock screen in safe mode with my password.

I tried that method where you hold the shift key and clicked on restart in power button menu and go to the troubleshooting section and clicked restart again where it gives you those options and press the enter button on my keyboard to go to the operating system, but instead it goes right back on to lock screen and it is still in safe mode.

Will anyone please help how to fix this

Right now I'm using my phone to use the internet.

:)

TippyMaple42678, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

1. Stuck on lock screen in safe mode - Similar Threads - Stuck lock screen

2. Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode: When i start my pc the lockscreen has no wallpaper and i cant get to the password entry box. I can just drag the clock up and down. When i try to start in safe mode, the system just boots all the way to the lockscreen again....
  3. Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode: When i start my pc the lockscreen has no wallpaper and i cant get to the password entry box. I can just drag the clock up and down. When i try to start in safe mode, the system just boots all the way to the lockscreen again....
  4. Stuck in lock screen and pc is not starting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked on safe mode login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked on safe mode login screen: Hi, I enabled safe mode in my windows 10 home via system settings boot options. After restarting my PC, safe mode started and gave me an error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your PIN again". Apart from this there is only one option to...
  6. Locked in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked in safe mode: Im locked out of my pc and im in safemode ive tried reseting my password but wont accept new password or any password i rememeber I’ve done the shift reset but cant access comand promt as thats locked too I’ve tried hard shut down 3 times to get in that way but aslo locked...
  7. Locked out of device/Stuck in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of device/Stuck in safe mode: Hello! I was attempting to update my Asus Windows 10 machine as it has failed to successful update since 2017. One of the Microsoft guides that I was following instructed me to open msiconfig and change a setting to start my machine in safe mode. I am now completely locked...
  8. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  9. Locked in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked in Safe Mode: Ok im really lost.. I went into BIO for my computer to boot up in safe mode. It booted up in safe mode and was stange to me asked me for my password, so i put the 4 digits in there that i use to sign on.. Apparently it wants the original password which i have no clue what it...
  10. Locked in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked in Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to delete the files in "Old Windows". I don't know what I did but now I am locked in safe mode. I even used Macrium Reflect and restored my windows. That did not cure the problem. I am still locked in safe mode. Normally I would normally type "msconfig"...