Windows 10: Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

Discus and support Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available' in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Okay, so:I got 4 new ram sticks today, I installed all new ones as per usual. No problems occurred until I turned on my PC.'Something happened and your... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Reze Lady, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Reze Lady Win User

Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

Okay, so:I got 4 new ram sticks today, I installed all new ones as per usual. No problems occurred until I turned on my PC.'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again.'So, I clicked the 'Set up my PIN'... Nothing. It took me back to the lock screen, and it was cycle of going back and forth to each screen. I have tried every possible solution to get back into my computer again, really confused as to why this is happening. I don't have any option to change/reset my pin as it's just the lock screen with sections as my internet and shutdown/reset etc.Would real

:)

Reze Lady, Aug 4, 2022

2. Pin problem

Visit Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10
    Fix “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available” in Windows 10 | Password Recovery
    See if it’s helpful.

Included is this screen shot

Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available' [​IMG]

Since you have a Microsoft account, you should see this instead
    Microsoft account sign-in options

Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available' [​IMG]

If this doesn't work, there are other procedures available to consider.
    --- Some of them include registry changes.
    --- Are you familiar with working in the registry?

BTW, have you saved your data along with a system image backup ready?

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

1. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available' - Similar Threads - Stuck log screen

2. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available: Something happened and your PIN isn't available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/3e7a52b4-56e1-44c0-ad00-62924e2ff901
  3. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available': Okay, so:I got 4 new ram sticks today, I installed all new ones as per usual. No problems occurred until I turned on my PC.'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again.'So, I clicked the 'Set up my PIN'... Nothing. It took me back to the...
  4. Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available'

Stuck on log in screen. 'Something happened and your pin isn't available': Okay, so:I got 4 new ram sticks today, I installed all new ones as per usual. No problems occurred until I turned on my PC.'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin again.'So, I clicked the 'Set up my PIN'... Nothing. It took me back to the...
  5. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: ...Click to set up your PIN again.But if I click that I see Just a moment... and nothing really happens and Windows goes back to the Something happened. How do I get a working Windows 11 system?...
  6. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available": I can't get past the sign in screen with the message "something happened and your pin isn't available", then I try to click "set up my PIN", but nothing happens on the first try. when the third try, a message appears "you need to install an app for this task"I've tried to...
  7. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available": I can't get past the sign in screen with the message "something happened and your pin isn't available", then I try to click "set up my PIN", but nothing happens on the first try. when the third try, a message appears "you need to install an app for this task"I've tried to...
  8. Stuck at Sign In Screen with "Something Happened and Your PIN Isn't Available"

9. Something happened and your pin isn't available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your pin isn't available: I cant sign in to my laptop because it says that.There is no wifi button in lockscreen and i tried to connect in LAN portI tried also to reset and startup repair and it doesntThanks for helping...
  10. "Something Happened and your PIN isn't available" Stuck in a loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Something Happened and your PIN isn't available" Stuck in a loop: I have tried all of the solutions found on the interwebnet. Every single option asks for the PIN or password - it's a Catch 22. I can't run command prompt, I can't start in safe mode. I can't get to a restore point, I can't even re-install windows. Please 1. explain why this...