Windows 10: Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

Discus and support Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plague_347, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old motherboard which i had thankfully saved. everytime I turn on my pc, it gets stuck in a loop of preparing automatic repair then restarting. I am able to access the bios but nothing else. Additionally, my cmos battery died a little bit ago and I think I replaced it but it doesn't seem to detect the new battery. I don't mind and can

:)

Plague_347, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Zaramoku Win User

Preparing Automatic Repair

My son's Lenovo Ideapad 110-15ACL has been stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" for over a week now. I can't followed any steps listed for remedying it because the computer doesn't respond to any instructions, like holding F8 or even booting from a USB, at all. Has anyone ideas or it's time to discard this 5-year old laptop?

Zaramoku, Aug 25, 2022
  3. stuck at preparing automatic repair

Hey, today i woke up to not working LENOVO laptop, yesterday i turned it off just fine, this morning its saying that it ran into problem and needs to restart - critical service error, after that it will restart and im stuck at preparing automatic repair
    when im trying to go to boot manager i cant select boot options menu

Please help

DominikDrevenak, Aug 25, 2022
  4. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

My HP laptop is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair has been for many hours

Hello Sarah,

I'd like to verify if you're computer is still stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair state. If not, I'd suggest to perform the steps below:

1. Force shutdown your laptop, check first if your computer will boot normally. If not, after your computer restarts several times. you'll see the Windows 10 Boot Options menu.

2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

3. Choose Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below and press Enter the after each line:

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

1. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts. - Similar Threads - Stuck Preparing Automatic

2. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: I was just minding my business when my laptop froze, so I obviously restarted it. It now just says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and it has been for at least a couple hours. At one point, it gave me a blue screen only to go back to the same loop. It then ran for about another...
  3. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: I was just minding my business when my laptop froze, so I obviously restarted it. It now just says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and it has been for at least a couple hours. At one point, it gave me a blue screen only to go back to the same loop. It then ran for about another...
  4. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair': Hello, I am stuck on the Asus screen saying preparing automatic repair when I try to start up. I can't access windows advanced settings either.My computer is in good health otherwise, I think this problem must have happened when I hard switched it off last night as it wasn't...
  5. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  6. Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" then restarts.: I have just replaced my Intel E6550 Duo Core with a Intel Q9650 Quad core. My motherboard had stopped working, so i got a replacement which came with a cpu. The cpu was significantly worse, and everything ran pretty slow so I switched it out with the cpu from my old...
  7. Stuck in preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in preparing automatic repair: I recently got my lenovo laptop back after some (hardware) repairs - I installed a firmware update after I got it back (prompted by the system) and now when I boot, it will go to blue screen of death, restart, and be stuck on preparing automatic repair. When I try and power...
  8. Stuck on '"preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on '"preparing automatic repair": So i did the "restore point" thing but decided to abort it as it was taking a lot of time, then when I started to boot it ,it got stuck. Tried opening advanced options through usb flash, but nothing any help? submitted by /u/Deep_Version_8744 [link] [comments]...
  9. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair: Hey, all. I need some help. Im trying to get some work done, sat down at my laptop MSI GE62 and for the first time got instead of the spinning dots, just "Preparing Automatic Repair" it never actually takes me to the Automatic Repair to run any troubleshooting. Ive tried the...
  10. Stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing automatic repair: [IMG]after I updated the system firmware is asked me to restart my laptop. After the installation finihed on boot page it restarted again and got me to a blue screen error and then it stuck on this page... please help me to pass it ......