Windows 10: Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode

Discus and support Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. Laptop battery died while trying to do windows updates my bad. Now it won't get past preparing automatic repair even if left for hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Meowesaurus, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode

Hi there.

Laptop battery died while trying to do windows updates my bad. Now it won't get past preparing automatic repair even if left for hours. Read some stuff about force shutting it down to get into safe mode but haven't been able to get into safe mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

:)

Meowesaurus, Mar 2, 2021
  2. BibiHack Win User

Preparing Automatic Repair - Stuck - Not loading Windows

After a recent update, and a disconnect suddenly, PC is stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair". I rebooted several times including 3 times at on/off restart to try to get into Safe Mode. No success. Should my hard drive light be on while "Preparing Automatic
    Repair" is in progress? And, how long automatic repair takes to complete? How can I get to safe mode to do at least attempt a recovery from last operating image? Appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

BibiHack, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Cris C Win User
    My Pc is Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

My Pc is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair and i tried to reboot it 3 times but it failed and instead of loading in the automatic Repair, it just loaded the icon of windows and no words or loading. I also tried to take the ac adapter off but nothing happened.
    I also dont have the disk of the safe mode or usb. Please help

Cris C, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode

Stuck at Preparing Automatic Repair screen(Not loading)

Hi, HasifElias

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Try entering Safe Mode to repair

Press the power button to turn on your PC, then hold the power button down until PC shuts down automatically (about 5 seconds). Repeat this more than 2 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair (see below screenshot).

Note: This step is aim to bring up Preparing Automatic Repair screen. When Windows doesn’t boot properly, this screen pops up and Windows attempts to fix the problem by itself. If you’ve seen this screen for the first time when you power up the computer, skip
    this step.

.- Then wait for Windows to diagnose your PC.

.- Click Advanced options, then the system will bring up the Windows RE (Recovery environment.) screen.

.- On the Windows RE (Recovery environment) screen, click Troubleshoot.

.- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options.

.- Click Startup Settings to continue.

.- Click Restart. The computer restarts and another screen opens showing a list of different startup options.

.- On your keyboard, press the 4 number key to enter Safe Mode without network. (If you need to do some online research after boot into the safe mode, press the 5 number key to enter Safe Mode with network access.)

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

SmithErikson, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode

1. Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode - Similar Threads - Stuck preparing automatic

2. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: I was just minding my business when my laptop froze, so I obviously restarted it. It now just says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and it has been for at least a couple hours. At one point, it gave me a blue screen only to go back to the same loop. It then ran for about another...
  3. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: I was just minding my business when my laptop froze, so I obviously restarted it. It now just says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and it has been for at least a couple hours. At one point, it gave me a blue screen only to go back to the same loop. It then ran for about another...
  4. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair': Hello, I am stuck on the Asus screen saying preparing automatic repair when I try to start up. I can't access windows advanced settings either.My computer is in good health otherwise, I think this problem must have happened when I hard switched it off last night as it wasn't...
  5. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair': Hello, I am stuck on the Asus screen saying preparing automatic repair when I try to start up. I can't access windows advanced settings either.My computer is in good health otherwise, I think this problem must have happened when I hard switched it off last night as it wasn't...
  6. Stuck in preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in preparing automatic repair: I recently got my lenovo laptop back after some (hardware) repairs - I installed a firmware update after I got it back (prompted by the system) and now when I boot, it will go to blue screen of death, restart, and be stuck on preparing automatic repair. When I try and power...
  7. Stuck on '"preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on '"preparing automatic repair": So i did the "restore point" thing but decided to abort it as it was taking a lot of time, then when I started to boot it ,it got stuck. Tried opening advanced options through usb flash, but nothing any help? submitted by /u/Deep_Version_8744 [link] [comments]...
  8. Stuck at "Preparing Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at "Preparing Automatic Repair": Hello, I bought a new PC without windows. I purchased windows 10 and it was working fine. Then after a few weeks, I started getting a Blue screen with stop code "Inaccessible Boot Device", then the PC restarts automatically to black screen saying "Preparing Automatic...
  9. Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair: Hey, all. I need some help. Im trying to get some work done, sat down at my laptop MSI GE62 and for the first time got instead of the spinning dots, just "Preparing Automatic Repair" it never actually takes me to the Automatic Repair to run any troubleshooting. Ive tried the...
  10. Stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing automatic repair: [IMG]after I updated the system firmware is asked me to restart my laptop. After the installation finihed on boot page it restarted again and got me to a blue screen error and then it stuck on this page... please help me to pass it ......