Windows 10: Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

Discus and support Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tim Kluger, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?

:)

Tim Kluger, Jan 11, 2024
Thema:

Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

1. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen - Similar Threads - Stuck Preparing configure

2. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  3. Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: I opened up my laptop from sleep and see 'Preparing to configure Windows' screen, it's been an hour and still no progress. Have tried powering down a few times and it flashes back to this screen ... should I just wait it out?...
  4. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  5. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on preparing to configure screen: Been stuck on this screen now for over 20 mins. I have no idea why pc is updated and I only ask to restart the pc because of the Xbox gamepass app would not sign me in or close down....
  6. Stuck on preparing to configure screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "Preparing to configure Windows": Hi all. My Surface Go was getting a bit slow so I decided to do a factory reset. But it's been hanging on the "Preparing to configure Windows. Don't turn off your computer" screen for over 5 hours. A cursory search on the net tells me this is not normal. My machine is the...
  8. Preparing to configure windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing to configure windows: [IMG] Hello guys, i have this problem with my laptop, every time i restart the laptop gives ME this thing and i want IT to stop, IT stays like from 30 minute to 1 hour, PLS HEELP...
  9. Preparing to configure windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing to configure windows: Desktop was working perfectly. Noticed windows needed an update so installed and pressed update and restart. Its been on " preparing to configure windows, do not turn off your computer" all day. What can i do to get rid of this? Only had the pc pc desktop a day...
  10. Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen

in Windows 10 News
    Computer stuck on Preparing to configure Windows screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after running Windows Update, you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on the Preparing to configure Windows screen for a very long time, then this post will help you resolve the issue. There is a lot that goes [...] This post Computer stuck on Preparing to...