Windows 10: Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator

Discus and support Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hi Nathan, Just had a breakthrough. I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com which was If you are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by B9bot1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. B9bot1 Win User

Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator

Split from this thread.​

Hi Nathan,

Just had a breakthrough.

I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com

which was

If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following:

• In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
    • In the menu select “Run as administrator”
    • Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
    • Press enter
    • Reboot your computer

We also recommend doing the following:

• Close the app and restart it rather than letting it hang. Note: the download will resume from where it left off you will not have to download from the start again
    • Avoid using WiFi when updating. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
    • Turn off any security software that may be interfering UAC, Antivirus, Firewall.
    • Change the installation repository from C: to D: for instance or try creating a new installation folder in the drive of your choice for instance create "MSFS" in your C: drive

Used task manager to close MSF 2020

completely shut down machine,

Restarted, went to start, pressed icon for MSF 2020 and it started to download content, so far so good

Nope still get an error when attempting to download 0x8007001f

:)

B9bot1, Aug 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator

Flight Simulator will not uninstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Kindly reply: Did you receive any error message when you tried to uninstall flight simulator?

I would suggest you try uninstall Flight Simulator from the safe mode.

Follow the steps to go to the safe mode.

• Press Windows key and click on the Power icon.
    • Click on Restart while pressing the
      Shift key.
    • A blue screen will appear with a few options.
      Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • Your system will restart, once you click on
      Restart.
      After the Manufacturer's logo display, you will view a blue screen with several options. Click
      F5 or 5 to go to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Once you have logged into safe mode with networking, press
      Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, click on
      Uninstall a program
    • Search for Flight Simulator and select
      Uninstall.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator

1. Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator - Similar Threads - Stuck Press key

2. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  3. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  4. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. simulating key press

in Windows 10 Support
    simulating key press: I have a script in powershell which simulate key press. Problem is I want to simulate key press in cmd where some script running. But that doesn't work. Is there a way to simulatre key press in cmd where scritp is running? 182572
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 : no Content Manager after reinstall, 'press any key'...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 : no Content Manager after reinstall, 'press any key'...: Bought the game on Steam, installed it overnight played it, loved it, but very slow loading screens as installed on HDD. Bought new SSD, tried to move install folder through Steam, didn't work, wouldn't start. Uninstalled, reinstalled, first install OK, get to 'press any...
  7. Windows works if any key continuously pressed

Windows works if any key continuously pressed: Since this morning, Windows laptop turning off after booting. if any key pressed continuously, windows running smoothly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-works-if-any-key-continuously-pressed/7922e7bc-21ae-493b-b610-03d50f3c175a
  8. Stuck on update of Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on update of Flight Simulator: Downloading Flight Simulator Update. Windows 10 PC. Deluxe version of app. Never played and just downloaded yesterday. App is on very large external hard drive with remaining space. First time opening app asked to update the app. Stuck now on "84% Downloading...
  9. Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue": Split from this thread. Hi Nathan, Just had a breakthrough. I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com which was If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following: In the Windows search...
  10. error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue

error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue: I submitted this on a forum but I cannot find it now. The computer is hp probook 600 G1 SSF. Suffered a power outage during an update download. When I attempted a reboot I got the following message: "1999 mbr is changed. Press any key to continue" Pressed the key and found...