Windows 10: Stuck on reinstall

Discus and support Stuck on reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop of 5 months old suddenly start to type this character ********** on it's own after few days it stop but this time i can't write numbers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UKPAI2D, May 4, 2020.

1. UKPAI2D Win User

Stuck on reinstall

Hi, my laptop of 5 months old suddenly start to type this character ********** on it's own after few days it stop but this time i can't write numbers if you click on 2 it will give @ even if you don't hold down the shift key. Note that the shift key is free but typing with the keyboard is as if the shift key is down and cap lock too. even the letters will be mixing up with low and capital letters on it's own. when i erase and reinstall the Window, my system get stuck just after the Window has been install with the massage "Just A Moment" it's been loading with that massage for over 30 hours now when power button is pushed and it shots down it will come up immediately.

That system is completely unusable i need some help urgently.

:)

UKPAI2D, May 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Stuck on reinstall :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, May 4, 2020
  4. Stuck on reinstall

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on reinstall

1. Stuck on reinstall - Similar Threads - Stuck reinstall

2. Can't reinstall Win11. Gets stuck at Hardware check. Can't bypass.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall Win11. Gets stuck at Hardware check. Can't bypass.: I have Win11 installed on Win11-compatible hardware Ryzen 5800X & X570 MoBo and yet every time I try to reinstall Windows, it stops at the hardware check saying it can't determine if my PC can run Win11.I have tried every suggested means of bypassing the Hardware Check, yet...
  3. Can't reinstall Win11. Gets stuck at Hardware check. Can't bypass.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall Win11. Gets stuck at Hardware check. Can't bypass.: I have Win11 installed on Win11-compatible hardware Ryzen 5800X & X570 MoBo and yet every time I try to reinstall Windows, it stops at the hardware check saying it can't determine if my PC can run Win11.I have tried every suggested means of bypassing the Hardware Check, yet...
  4. Windows 11 reinstall stuck at 61% on bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reinstall stuck at 61% on bios: When its downloading on biosIts stuck on 61% and i don't know how to quit from it. Will the windows broke if i unplug my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-reinstall-stuck-at-61-on-bios/28715c9e-8e78-4ffa-9efd-54325b44a67d
  5. Windows 11 reinstall stuck at 61% on bios

Windows 11 reinstall stuck at 61% on bios: When its downloading on biosIts stuck on 61% and i don't know how to quit from it. Will the windows broke if i unplug my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-reinstall-stuck-at-61-on-bios/28715c9e-8e78-4ffa-9efd-54325b44a67d
  6. HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...: First time performing a disc wipe and I've heard it can take a few days, and I heard it should take a couple of hours.Can I stop it? Check it? There's no indicator I can see.Win11Thanks...
  7. HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...

HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...: First time performing a disc wipe and I've heard it can take a few days, and I heard it should take a couple of hours.Can I stop it? Check it? There's no indicator I can see.Win11Thanks...
  8. WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,: My Windows laptop had an update windows 11 and my computer showed a blue screen of death, so I reinstalled Windows, but during the installation, the laptop died and it's now stuck in a reboot loop saying error installing Windows try again. What should I do?Computer...
  9. WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,

WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,: My Windows laptop had an update windows 11 and my computer showed a blue screen of death, so I reinstalled Windows, but during the installation, the laptop died and it's now stuck in a reboot loop saying error installing Windows try again. What should I do?Computer...
  10. WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging