Windows 10: Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without...

Discus and support Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve tried everything and I come to the conclusion that I need to factory reset, but I wanna save my files I just don’t know how to do so while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WordsDontExist, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without...

I’ve tried everything and I come to the conclusion that I need to factory reset, but I wanna save my files I just don’t know how to do so while computer is in repair loop.

submitted by /u/WordsDontExist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WordsDontExist, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Corvs Win User

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without... [​IMG]

and this was the system before restoring it:

Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without... [​IMG]

Corvs, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Save files before resetting to factory settings

Hi Camille, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the steps:

Advanced Options - Automatic Repair screen - Command Prompt. Type there ‘notepad.exe’.

Notepad window –click on File. Open to locate the files that you’d like to copy to the USB.

Plug in the USB device to the USB port. Copy the files and folders that you want to save. Paste them in a new folder on the USB drive. Safe you the files you need repeating the above steps.

Once done, proceed with resetting your PC to factory settings.

NighthawkX, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Corvs Win User

Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without...

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Product: Pavillion 550-103na
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to reset OK. But it got worse, now I start the PC, it gets the black screen and the HP logo, it then goes to a blue screen asking for location, click next, it says error and needs an update, click next to connect to WiFi as instructed and it restarts itself and loops back to the first screen asking for location. I don't have an external drive or anything, what can I do to get this set up again? It was bought in 2107 but barely used, it's practically brand new from lack of use so I just don't understand the problem.

Corvs, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without...

1. Stuck on repair loop. No other choice but to factory reset. How can I save files without... - Similar Threads - Stuck repair loop

2. How can I factory reset my laptop without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I factory reset my laptop without logging in?: I forgot my pin to my laptop and it won't let me rest the password. I can't figure out how to reset it while only being able to access the lock screen....
  3. How can I factory reset my laptop without logging in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I factory reset my laptop without logging in?: I forgot my pin to my laptop and it won't let me rest the password. I can't figure out how to reset it while only being able to access the lock screen....
  4. Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop: I've completed a factory reset to clear the data off my sons Surface 3.I am now stuck on a loop, there a problem preventing us getting your 9V ready. I can't hard wire to the Internet as no ethernet port but have tried using both my Virgin network and my mesh network and we...
  5. Stuck in automatic repair loop without password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in automatic repair loop without password.: I got stuck in the automatic repair loop after pressing "shut off and update" and startup repair doesn't seem to work and the other options require a password that I don't have as I use a PIN to log in. How can I solve this? I found a guide that told me to use a program...
  6. Saving files from PHOTO, Video - the only choice is "video file" no other choice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving files from PHOTO, Video - the only choice is "video file" no other choice: How do I save a trimmed MP4 file I made in PHOTO... The only choice when I click Finish/Export is Video File and this I don't know how to convert. All instructions on the web I can find suggest that MP4 should also be an option for me when I export, but it isn't. Please...
  7. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  8. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  9. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  10. How can I do a Windows 10 reset to factory settings without it getting stuck?

How can I do a Windows 10 reset to factory settings without it getting stuck?: This is an urgent request because I've been trying for up to a week or more, and I have lung surgery on Tuesday the 14th coming up, also, I have no idea what's going on but my Microsoft account, google and Face Book account has locked me out due to pw invalid reasons; makes...