Windows 10: Stuck on restart

Discus and support Stuck on restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to set up my new laptop and install the recommended drivers from a usb stick (I copied the files from the cd rom) that i recieved with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by purplesnapdragon2589, May 13, 2019 at 8:02 AM.

1. Stuck on restart

Hi

I am trying to set up my new laptop and install the recommended drivers from a usb stick (I copied the files from the cd rom) that i recieved with the laptop on to (i dont have an external cd drive). As i began to install the first driver on the list a little window popped up in the corner recommending that i restart the laptop (to allow administrative permission or something?). So i restarted....

and it has been restarting ever since! Just says Restarting with the dots going round and round in a circle but wont actually restart.

I held the power button down and turned it off and on again and again... disconnected the usb... it just keeps going back to the blue screen Restarting with the dots... what do i do... should i turn it off and take the battery out?

:)

purplesnapdragon2589, May 13, 2019 at 8:02 AM

2. windows 10 stuck in restart

Hi,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this Windows 10 stuck during restart issue. For us to assist and isolate it better, kindly answer the following questions:

• What was the last activity you've done on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages or error code?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 13, 2019 at 8:03 AM
  3. Pc stucks at restarting.

Hi Ram,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform the Startup Repair and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings option.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend suggest you to enable the fast startup.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).
    • Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Restart the computer.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 13, 2019 at 8:03 AM
  4. Stuck on restart

Thema:

Stuck on restart

1. Stuck on restart - Similar Threads - Stuck restart

2. Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in endless restart loop: okay so a hot minute ago i let my sister mess around on my computer and when i tried to log in afterwards it was asking for a password when it never had before (i set it up with a pin and never anything else nor did i have another account on it). couldnt log in, took it to...
  3. 2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish: My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809 I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing. I have...
  4. Windows 10 fusion 5 tablet stuck at restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fusion 5 tablet stuck at restart: Seriously, all I did was restart the device and it is now stuck in the restart screen. About the only thing I use it for is to play amazon music in my bathroom. What gives and how to fix it? The thing is a brick right now....
  5. Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in restart loop after resetting laptop.: I reset my device, cleared all my files, and everything was going smoothly. But, after getting to a certain point in the startup, and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a 'Why did my PC restart?', promt, if you know the one. It says to plug in my PC,...
  6. PC stuck in restart loop after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC stuck in restart loop after latest update: After installing the latest Windows updates my PC is now stuck in a restart loop. After showing the Windows logo and the loading circle for a few seconds, it shows "restoring your previous version of Windows" for a split second, and then restarts. I've tried mashing the F8...
  7. I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...: Hello, Two days ago I made a modification to my Lenovo yoga computer because the Start was not working. I followed a youtube video, and after I changed it, my computer restarted. I expected everything to be normal, but it was not. My computer had switched to airplane mode...
  8. Win 10 update stuck in restart

Win 10 update stuck in restart: I received the update notifivation last Thu. (14-Feb-19). After installation, it went to restart stage, however, it was stuck after log-in and reported Windows Explorer has no response during personalized setting. I have tried to call up the task manager but it did not work....
  9. Windows Update gets stuck at 14% and the PC automatically restarts

Windows Update gets stuck at 14% and the PC automatically restarts: So the situation is that I disabled Windows Update a long time ago but now I wanted to make an update because I'm on Windows 10 Professional, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.556 and I would like to get the October update to use the explorer in dark mode. The first problem what...
  10. Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart

Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart: I have a Toshiba laptop which restarted itself (no idea why) & it is now stuck on a blue please wait screen with the turning circle. It is running windows 10 but it hasn't been updated as they were failing. If I can I just want to start it in safe mode to transfer the...