Windows 10: Stuck on restoring Registry

Discus and support Stuck on restoring Registry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says, I was preforming a System Restore on my Windows 10. I thought everything was going smoothly, until it appeared to have gotten stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadelynGG, Jul 15, 2019.

1. MadelynGG Win User

Stuck on restoring Registry

As the title says, I was preforming a System Restore on my Windows 10. I thought everything was going smoothly, until it appeared to have gotten stuck on “System Restore is restoring the Registry...”

It’s been stuck on this for around an hour... is there anything I can do to fix this?

I don’t know if this helps, but 1, I do NOT have the CD that I believe is given when you first get the W.10.

2, the reason I did the System Restore was due to the fact my settings wouldn’t open as is supposed to. All it would do is flash the Settings Icon along with the window, but them would go back to my home screen and say something along the lines of... “This app cannot open because there is no app associated with something.”

The “something” obviously wasn’t in the message, I just can’t remember what it said in it’s full.

I am utterly terrified for my equipment and I can’t decide if I want to risk shutting down my equipment and then powering it back on... or if I want to wait and see if something will happen.

I did have two accounts created on the equipment if that helps any.

Is there ANYTHING that I can do? I really don’t want to break this...

:)

MadelynGG, Jul 15, 2019

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 15, 2019
  3. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Stuck on restoring Registry

System restore stuck on registry

I did a system restore and it has been at least 6 hours and it is stuck on registry. I did a hard reset and now NOTHING!!! HELP PLEASE? !

Dee

DeeFowler2, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on restoring Registry

1. Stuck on restoring Registry - Similar Threads - Stuck restoring Registry

2. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  3. System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Stuck Restoring Registry: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  4. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  5. System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck

System Restore Restoring Registry Stuck: HelloSo I posted another thread about Word suddenly disappearing from my laptop and got a helpful solution. Unfortunately, before getting this I had embarked on a System Restore. Have done them before and they've been relatively painless but the process is currently in its...
  6. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  7. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry: I did a system restore yesterday. It said it failed since an antivirus may be running, so I disabled my Avira Antivirus and I started the system restore again today.It has been stuck on "System Restore is Restoring the Registry" for the last 5 hours+. I have actually reset my...
  8. System Restore Stuck on Restoring Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. System restore stuck on registry

System restore stuck on registry: I did a system restore and it has been at least 6 hours and it is stuck on registry. I did a hard reset and now NOTHING!!! HELP PLEASE? ! Dee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-stuck-on-registry/c02af099-2cc9-44a8-9acc-46988011d026
  10. New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck

New System, System restore restoring registry, stuck: I've had this brand new Dell G5 15, Windows 10, for about a week. Put on all available updates. A few days ago, I created a restore point. Today, I had it restore there. It has been 3 hours and it still says "restoring the registry". I maybe added 3 programs which changed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 system restore hangs at restoring the registry

2. system restore windows 10 been stuck on restoring the registry

3. restoring registor stuck

4. windows system restore hangs up at restoring registry,
  5. windows 10 restore stuck at restoring the registry,
  6. system restore registry,
  7. system restore is restoring registry,
  8. system restore stuck on registry,
  9. computer stuck on system restore is restoring the registry windows 10,
  10. the rgistry is stuck on my lap top how can i resolve it?