Windows 10: Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

Discus and support Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was having trouble with Microsoft Store i was following some i structions to try to fix it I did msconfig and clicked on boot and restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlosC316, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

I was having trouble with Microsoft Store i was following some i structions to try to fix it I did msconfig and clicked on boot and restarted my computer on safe mode but I realized I could not remember the Password because i started using a pin a while ago to log in I tried doing the system recovery but it will not even pop up when I hit F11 i see it say System recovery when inhit F11 but then it just starts loading the windows screen then it goes to the log in screen what can I do to get it back to normal start up?

:)

CarlosC316, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Sam Suh Win User
    Stuck in safe mode without knowing administrator password in windows10

Stuck in safe mode after checking safe mode in msconfig while running in normal mode. I didn't knew that pin don't work in safe mode .. Now i'm unable to go back to normal mode. And don't remember the password to enter into safe mode...in windows 10
    Is there any fix for this?
    Please help me .. please please please

Sam Suh, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

1. Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password - Similar Threads - Stuck Safe Mode

2. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  3. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  4. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  5. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account: I'm having a problem where my pc is stuck in safe mode it is impossible for me to reach the sign in page aswell. And in order to reset my pc or go back to a restore point, i have to login to my local microsoft account. Problem is i don't remember that password and therefore i...
  6. Stuck in safe mode and don't remember the password to my local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 safe mode reboot, can’t log back in with password or PIN stuck in safe mode: I have tried going through troubleshooting and restarted in safe mode with networking but it does nothing, ive tried the command promt option but it still wont accept my password. Any ideas?...
  8. Safe Mode Locked Me Out. Can’t remember password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Locked Me Out. Can’t remember password.: Originally I was trying to uninstall antivirus. And part of the troubleshooting was to reset my PC into safe mode. I proceeded to do so, and apparently I have forgotten my password. There is no option on the screen to reset, only ‘ease of access‘ and an indicator saying: no...
  9. Surface Pro in Safe Mode and can’t remember password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro in Safe Mode and can’t remember password: I was cleaning up my laptop and put it in to Safe Mode to remove apps. I didnt know i would need my password which i have forgotten (I use facial recognition or PIN). Safe mode is in flight mode and no internet access. I can reset my password via the app, but without...
  10. Stuck on Safe mode, no password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck on Safe mode, no password.: Today i launched DDU (Display driver uninstaller), And it brought my pc to "Safe-Mode" login screen. And when i typed my password , it said its incorrect. ( when i enter the local password on a system startup repair or something like that it works, but only at the win 10...