Windows 10: Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password

Discus and support Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know my previous password because I am in this state of this safe mode. Of course, it requires me to set my password for my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MackZanchman, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password

Hello, I would like to know my previous password because I am in this state of this safe mode. Of course, it requires me to set my password for my Microsoft account and I forgot my previous password. I would like to request to reveal my previous password for my activities, thank you.

:)

MackZanchman, Jul 6, 2019

2. Stuck in safe mode , login password forgot

hello guys,i am stuck in safe mode in windows 8.1 and i have forgotten my password for administrator account.i went to safe mode through ms config.how can i get back to original normal mode

PratyushMohanty-946, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password

Safe mode to go back to previous version of update won’t accept password

Hi Joanneculpin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Are you using the Local account or the Microsoft account?

Computer freezing usually happens because of software related issues. The password issue occurs if the keyboard layout of Windows has been changed. To resolve this issue follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Safe mode with Networking.

Note: Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. You cannot access third party apps or install anything in safe mode. Restart the computer
    to start the PC in normal mode.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article to
    ‘Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10’,
    choose the option From Sign in screen. Restart your computer in
    Safe mode with Networking. Check if you can sign in to the computer now.

If that doesn’t accept the password, try with On-Screen keyboard.

• Tap on Windows
      and U key at the same on the keyboard.
    • Select On-screen keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right corner of the screen and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Use the cursor to type the password, before clicking the login, press the
      eye symbol option to check the password.

Method 2: Go back to the previous build.

If you wish to ‘Go back to previous build’, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

In the sign in screen, hold the down the Shift
    key, while you select the Power button, and then select
    Restart.

After the PC restarts, click on Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Go back to previous build,
    follow the On screen instructions and let us know if you need further assistance regarding this issue.

Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password 72f9b859-db09-4d58-b3a2-8cb9c1277a5c?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password

1. Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Stuck in safe mode without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode without password: I login to my windows using pin. When i set msconfig to safe mode, i was unable to login to window when the login mode change to password. Kindly advise....
  3. Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.: So I logged on to safe mode just to delete this chinese file, in order to do this, I need to enter my email account's password. I entered my password and it doesn't work. I entered the password at a different device and it works. But now when I want to go back to normal mode,...
  4. PC stuck in safe mode (no password)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in safe mode (no password): Hey all, I've tried all my possible passwords and various recovery options, but I am at a loss. So I am looming into using NTpasswrd to wipe it, but wanted to see if there was a better option or if it was even still viable. Any help is welcome, thanks. submitted by...
  5. Stuck in safe mode without password

Stuck in safe mode without password: I've installed a new AMD GPU to replace my Nvidia GPU. It was reccomended to delete the old drivers in safe mode before installing the new ones. I booted up in safe mode, however it asks for my password to log in. I enter my current password (different than the one I setup...
  6. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  7. Safe mode User Account forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode User Account forgotten password: Hello I used the msconfig command to boot into safe mode. Now I can't leave safe mode. When I rebooted the PC and the user accounts come up, I am not able to log into the Administrator account because I forgot the password. Before all this happened I was using the pin...
  8. Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password: I am hoping someone can help me so I don't have to do a fresh install. I upgraded my 64 bit Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and my AMD driver started causing reboots reporting issues with Wattman. Solutions online pointed to clearing the driver using AMD's driver tool. Well it...
  9. Stuck on Safe mode, no password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck on Safe mode, no password.: Today i launched DDU (Display driver uninstaller), And it brought my pc to "Safe-Mode" login screen. And when i typed my password , it said its incorrect. ( when i enter the local password on a system startup repair or something like that it works, but only at the win 10...
  10. Stuck in Safe Mode - no password prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - no password prompt: I wanted to log in to Windows 10 in safe mode, so I use msconfig to choose "Diagnostic startup" and rebooted. Windows loads the sign-in screen, with my sign-in wallpaper, the date/time, and the 'no network' icon in the bottom-right. When I press any key to sign-in, the...