Windows 10: Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Discus and support Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Was trying to stop windows from blocking me from downloading a game, ended up messing with the system configuration. Now I'm stuck on safe mode and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cátia Nascimento, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Was trying to stop windows from blocking me from downloading a game, ended up messing with the system configuration. Now I'm stuck on safe mode and can't change my password, when i tried to find ways to fix it, it usually tells me that it can't access this or that or just gives me an error. I don't quite understand computers so if someone could help me in simple language or give me a video, I'd be grateful :

:)

Cátia Nascimento, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Stuck in safe mode

Hi,

There are several methods available on how you can get your computer booted in safe mode and also booted back to normal mode. Some steps include changing the startup settings or manually pressing a key. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• What steps did you take to get your device in safe mode?
    • Have you attempted to reboot your device?
    • What was the reason that you needed to boot your device into safe mode?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

1. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available" - Similar Threads - Stuck safe mode

2. Something happened and your pin isn't available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened and your pin isn't available: I don't know what happened to my laptop it is stuck on home screen and nothing is happening it's just showing that something happened and your pin isn't available I don't know what happed to my laptop it is a laptop of HP and I tried to off all msconfic and after that when I...
  3. Something happened and your PIN isn't available.

Something happened and your PIN isn't available.: Unable to login at all even in safe mode. Tried to reset PC but no option to keep my app/programs. Windows hello cant lod camera.No recovery point was created...
  4. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available": Was trying to stop windows from blocking me from downloading a game, ended up messing with the system configuration. Now I'm stuck on safe mode and can't change my password, when i tried to find ways to fix it, it usually tells me that it can't access this or that or just...
  5. Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available"

Stuck on safe mode with "something happened and your pin isn't available": Was trying to stop windows from blocking me from downloading a game, ended up messing with the system configuration. Now I'm stuck on safe mode and can't change my password, when i tried to find ways to fix it, it usually tells me that it can't access this or that or just...
  6. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your PIN isn't available: When I open my laptop and try to log in it says something happened and your pin isn't availableI tried restarting and turning off my laptopIt started happening after I tried to reset my laptop because it was bluescreening and when I tried to reset it it didn't work and then...
  7. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: Something happened and your PIN isn't available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/3e7a52b4-56e1-44c0-ad00-62924e2ff901
  8. Something happened and your PIN isn't available

Something happened and your PIN isn't available: ...Click to set up your PIN again.But if I click that I see Just a moment... and nothing really happens and Windows goes back to the Something happened. How do I get a working Windows 11 system?...
  9. Something happened and your pin isn't available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your pin isn't available: I cant sign in to my laptop because it says that.There is no wifi button in lockscreen and i tried to connect in LAN portI tried also to reset and startup repair and it doesntThanks for helping...
  10. "Something Happened and your PIN isn't available" Stuck in a loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Something Happened and your PIN isn't available" Stuck in a loop: I have tried all of the solutions found on the interwebnet. Every single option asks for the PIN or password - it's a Catch 22. I can't run command prompt, I can't start in safe mode. I can't get to a restore point, I can't even re-install windows. Please 1. explain why this...