Windows 10: Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

Discus and support Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rdet, Jan 22, 2022.

1. rdet Win User

Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room. This alone is annoying/creepy. Even more annoying is the fact that after butchering/destroying Cortana and changing her from useful smart-home tool/assistant into a poor interface for MS Office Microsoft has not updated her help documentation and so when I try to deactivate her "Hey Cortana" wake word activation from Windo

:)

2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience - Similar Threads - Stuck Screen Cortana

2. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience: Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room....
  3. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience: Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room....
  4. Cortana Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Bug: Hi, I'm experiencing bugs when i try to set an alarm using cortana.Firstly, i type "set an alarm at 12.30pm today"Then it asks me "what time would you like your alarm?" at this part, the first problem appears. it does not understand my command while other normal commands such...
  5. Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana: I'm having a serious issue with Windows, which means I cannot use search or taskbar features. It seems to have something to do with the incorrect installation of shell experience and cortana, but every time I try to manually launch them they crash immediately. I've tried lots...
  6. Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1: Microsoft is looking to bring an overhauled chatting experience to Cortana with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. The company has already implemented the early bits of new Cortana experience in Windows 10 20H1, but these changes are currently hidden in the latest build. The...
  7. Windows 10 destroying my gaming experience.

Windows 10 destroying my gaming experience.: I experience this last week and now I can't even run a light weight game (Osu!). Every time I refresh my explorer it conumes 50% to 100% of my CPU. I already did everything from deleting memory diagnostic in task manager, reinstalling drives, deleting the latest update...
  8. Your operating system destroyed my gaming experience

Your operating system destroyed my gaming experience: Your operating system is a real garbage, a calamity. I'm sick of the problems it causes me. Before I had no problems with some games but since W10 arrived and its DirectX12 garbage nothing works properly in the games that require the CPU or the graphics card. They hang me...
  9. Win10 experience depends entirely on the device.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 experience depends entirely on the device.: I have a Surface Pro 1, i.e. a Signiature PC. Just pure windows etc. Just got ''done'' setting up a friend's new laptop. 4GB, came with Win10, typical HP machine up to the ears in bloatware out of the box etc. Made it use a Microsoft Account for log-in, no problems,...
  10. Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug: Hi guys. I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Worked flawlessly, even the activation (pretty proud of myself lol) but bit of a weird bug happens sometimes. If I left click on Search next to start bar, it will light up but not open. It will on the second click but just a bit...