Windows 10: Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long

Discus and support Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i will try to be as short as possible , i am running windows 10 2004 on ADATA SU630 480 Gb Sata SSD i never had this issue before , when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZinouTheBeast, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long

i will try to be as short as possible , i am running windows 10 2004 on ADATA SU630 480 Gb Sata SSD

i never had this issue before , when i try to shutdown or restart my pc it takes ages , i don't have any issue with booting windows when pc is off its fast

at first i thought it was a power issue so i reseted my Overclocks and removed gpu just in case .

i could re install fresh OS but i don't have time right now and its just too painfull to reinstall all apps on my ssd

submitted by /u/ZinouTheBeast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZinouTheBeast, Oct 7, 2020
  2. grandekid Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Oct 7, 2020
  3. StefanM Win User

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Oct 7, 2020
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long

Usually a sign of memory going south. Try booting using one stick only (and change the stick if you have to).

Thema:

Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long

1. Stuck on Shutdown/Restart Screen for too long - Similar Threads - Stuck Shutdown Restart

2. Laptop too too long to restarting system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop too too long to restarting system: Hi for the past 1 or 2 months suddenly my latop took too long to restart like 3 ~ 5mins each time, i got my windows on SSD and i only need like 10 15s to startup but whenever i tried to restart it took so long.I searched for solution and try them all but none of them work,...
  3. Laptop too too long to restarting system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop too too long to restarting system: Hi for the past 1 or 2 months suddenly my latop took too long to restart like 3 ~ 5mins each time, i got my windows on SSD and i only need like 10 15s to startup but whenever i tried to restart it took so long.I searched for solution and try them all but none of them work,...
  4. Laptop too too long to restarting system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  6. Extra long Shutdown and restart time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra long Shutdown and restart time: As subject says, my shutdown and restart time has extended a lot. It basicly gets stuck on the "Restarting" screen for 2-3min. Installed new parts to my PC last week and on the same run, I installed completely new Windows.PC Parts:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600xMotherboard: ROG Strix...
  7. Windows 10 taking too long on restarting screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taking too long on restarting screen.: My Windows 10 now I updated to 11. Takes too long on restarting screen. This happened a month ago. Last week i Updated to windows 11 thinking it will replace OS and the restarting problem was in Windows 10. But still the problem is same. NOTE: this is not related to windows...
  8. shutdown process takes too long stuck in the dekstop for few minutes

shutdown process takes too long stuck in the dekstop for few minutes: hello..after i click the shutdown button on the start menu, it doesnt do anything for a few minutes then i start to shutting down. i count it almost 5 minutes for shutting down but for the booting time its only takes 15 second or less. if i click on sleep button, its directly...
  9. Laptop takes too long to boot/shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes too long to boot/shutdown: English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes. This has been happening for a few weeks already. Whenever I turn my laptop on, it shows the Windows logo + loading circle as usual, then sits on a black screen for around 5-10 minutes until the locked...
  10. BIOS POST on restart too long

BIOS POST on restart too long: Please review the forums rules about piracy. *Arrow Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums