Windows 10: Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

Discus and support Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelYoung422, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now however it gets stuck on the "Loading windows. please do not turn off your computer" screen. I let it do this for several hours, but nothing. Not sure what to do here. I can start in safe mode, but im not sure what help this is.

:)

MichaelYoung422, Oct 8, 2021

2. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

Hello BreadedChicken, and welcome to Ten Forums. Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer" :)

The Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting is only for the Suggested apps shown in the All Apps list in the Start menu instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to completely stop them. Be sure to also read the blue note box at the top of the tutorial below for more info.

*Arrow Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Oct 8, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

1. Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer" - Similar Threads - Stuck Starting Please

2. Preparing Windows, Do not turn off your computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Windows, Do not turn off your computer.: This message is very annoying, especially when I am trying to shut down my laptop before going to sleep in real life, not my laptop at about 1AM, I have to wait a lot, even though I have a very fast and powerful SSD in my laptop, along with CPU, RAM and GPU. GPU obviously...
  3. Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  4. Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Starting Windows. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  5. Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  6. Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer": After the last update, my computer refused to sign in. I would type my password like normal and it would just load. I let it do this for about an hour and restarted several times with the same result. I then started it in recovery mode and tried to undo the last update. Now...
  7. Stuck on "Windows loading. Please do not turn off your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screen Stuck on “Getting Windows ready. Do not turn off your computer”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Stuck on “Getting Windows ready. Do not turn off your computer”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aceanime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dqqy9p/screen_stuck_on_getting_windows_ready_do_not_turn/
  9. Updating; do not turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating; do not turn off your computer: I got Windows updates and had to restart the computer. When I did it told me the process was 100 percent complete but it just kept going and going. So the process was not complete. Can't they give me percentages that increase over time, like after that first process is...
  10. Update error: Do not turn off your computer And it is stucked at 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: Do not turn off your computer And it is stucked at 0%: I am updating windows 10 and this is coming for more thsn 20 mins Configuring update for Windows 10 0% complete Do not turn off your computer And it is stucked at 0%...