Windows 10: Stuck on startup screen after windows update

Discus and support Stuck on startup screen after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my windows had a update so i selected the update and shutdown option. After hours its stuck on the startup screen with dell logo and round waiting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Antoinette Botha, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Stuck on startup screen after windows update

Hi, my windows had a update so i selected the update and shutdown option. After hours its stuck on the startup screen with dell logo and round waiting ball. How can i fix this ? Did something go wrong with the update ? I held down the power button but when i start it up it gets stuck on the same screen. Its windows 10 pro. Dell laptop

:)

Antoinette Botha, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 14, 2022
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Stuck on startup screen after windows update

Stuck on loading screen after startup

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to perform Startup Repair and check if it helps.

• On a working PC go to the Microsoft software download website and
      create Windows 10 installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Stuck on startup screen after windows update

1. Stuck on startup screen after windows update - Similar Threads - Stuck startup screen

2. Stuck in this screen upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in this screen upon startup: Gets this screen in this startupany option in both menus send me back to this screen directlyReboots often lead to the same screen, and depends on luck if I can start successfullyAny solutions?p.s. tried changing boot mode from UEFI only to Legacy only when referencing to...
  3. Stuck in this screen upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in this screen upon startup: Gets this screen in this startupany option in both menus send me back to this screen directlyReboots often lead to the same screen, and depends on luck if I can start successfullyAny solutions?p.s. tried changing boot mode from UEFI only to Legacy only when referencing to...
  4. Stuck on startup screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on startup screen after windows update: Hi, my windows had a update so i selected the update and shutdown option. After hours its stuck on the startup screen with dell logo and round waiting ball. How can i fix this ? Did something go wrong with the update ? I held down the power button but when i start it up it...
  5. Stuck on startup screen after windows update

Stuck on startup screen after windows update: Hi, my windows had a update so i selected the update and shutdown option. After hours its stuck on the startup screen with dell logo and round waiting ball. How can i fix this ? Did something go wrong with the update ? I held down the power button but when i start it up it...
  6. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  7. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup: I was having issues with freezing games so I enabled diagnostic startup, that was a HUGE mistake.I’m now stuck at the login screen, it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup your PIN again.”-Clicking to setup PIN does nothing.-Every password I...
  8. Stuck in login screen after enabling diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Stuck on startup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on startup screen: This has been happening for 2 days now and I don't know what to do, it's stuck on the start up screen and won't get past it, I've tried resetting the laptop but it won't let me, says there is some error, it won't load any of my restore points, I've tried to repair corrupted...
  10. Black Screen after updating drivers stuck at startup after windows/lenovo logo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen after updating drivers stuck at startup after windows/lenovo logo: I updated my drivers to to improve my PC performance I left it to download after coming back I saw a black screen so aftrt an hour I decided to restart the pc but after passing the logo its stuck on black screen [ATTACH]...