Windows 10: Stuck on Startup Settings screen???

Discus and support Stuck on Startup Settings screen??? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm having issues with my computer at the moment. When I try to enter Safe Mode, the screen I'm supposed to use for that doesn't respond. The only... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by M_N_B, Feb 13, 2019.

1. M_N_B Win User

Stuck on Startup Settings screen???

I'm having issues with my computer at the moment. When I try to enter Safe Mode, the screen I'm supposed to use for that doesn't respond. The only thing I can do from that is turn the computer off immediately via power button. This is on top of the freeze-on-desktop issue I'm trying to fix already.

:)

M_N_B, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Stuck in startup screen with rotating blue circle

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are stuck on the blue screen with rotating circles upon startup.

If the above is true, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

If the above did not help, I suggest that you perform Startup Repair using Windows Media Creation Tool and check.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Stuck on Startup Settings screen???

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on Startup Settings screen???

1. Stuck on Startup Settings screen??? - Similar Threads - Stuck Startup Settings

2. Stuck in this screen upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in this screen upon startup: Gets this screen in this startupany option in both menus send me back to this screen directlyReboots often lead to the same screen, and depends on luck if I can start successfullyAny solutions?p.s. tried changing boot mode from UEFI only to Legacy only when referencing to...
  3. Stuck in this screen upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in this screen upon startup: Gets this screen in this startupany option in both menus send me back to this screen directlyReboots often lead to the same screen, and depends on luck if I can start successfullyAny solutions?p.s. tried changing boot mode from UEFI only to Legacy only when referencing to...
  4. Stuck at startup loading screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at startup loading screen.: So, I tried to install windows 8 on my usb to make WindowsToGo, it was successfull. I wanted to try out that windows 8 but after i rebooted to my usb it just stuck in loading screen. Secure boot was disabled because it will not allow me to boot from my usb drive. I tried on...
  5. Stuck at startup loading screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at startup loading screen.: So, I tried to install windows 8 on my usb to make WindowsToGo, it was successfull. I wanted to try out that windows 8 but after i rebooted to my usb it just stuck in loading screen. Secure boot was disabled because it will not allow me to boot from my usb drive. I tried on...
  6. Startup settings black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup settings black screen: Hey everyone! I get black screen everytime i want to access startup settings. What's wrong? Also, i dont have a lockscreen anymore, when i start my pc, i get the password box screen immediately. Before i had to hit a spacebar. submitted by /u/ben_aloha [link] [comments]...
  7. Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup: Hi there, whenever I start up my computer, I get stuck on the InsydeH20 utility and the laptop starts beeping. I have to switch off the laptop because no key interacts with this error. The laptop was fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  8. Stuck on startup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on startup screen: This has been happening for 2 days now and I don't know what to do, it's stuck on the start up screen and won't get past it, I've tried resetting the laptop but it won't let me, says there is some error, it won't load any of my restore points, I've tried to repair corrupted...
  9. Stuck in startup repair loop, startup settings missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in startup repair loop, startup settings missing: Hi, I am stuck in a startup repair loop and cannot boot into safe mode as there is no startup settings tile from the advanced options. I tried to use command prompt to boot into safe mode (the command I used started with bcdedit) but that didn't work either...I have also...
  10. Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help, stuck at startup settings with broken Laptop screen: Hi I had problem with Windows update so I folowed steps how to get rid of them. One of them was to start in startup settings. I didnt think of my external display (Samsung) wouldnt work while am in startup settings. My Laptop screen is broken so I cant see anything that I...