Windows 10: Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yesterday, I decided to finally update my Windows 10. It was been recommended by the laptop for a few days now, so I decided to do it. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GodlyPika Y, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903

So yesterday, I decided to finally update my Windows 10. It was been recommended by the laptop for a few days now, so I decided to do it.

After a pretty lengthy amount of time has passed, it was finished. I let it load and boom! Popped up a message saying "unable to load profile" or something like that. I let it restart and it did it again.

I assumed it was just the system acting dumb, so I decided to turn off my laptop and turn it back on. It load this time and took a while to load up. I was a bit interested to see what it would look like and wondered if I can finally use the dark theme on file explorer, and then when it finally load up, I see that everything is practically gone (mainly concerned about my pictures and documents). Note: I was still able to access said files if I go through users and click on my profile, which would contain everything I had before the update.

I did some looking around and noted that my profile was not verified. I figured it was the issue--it wasn't.

I then did some digging around and tried these two methods.

I did the sid method where you change the path to your actual profile path and delete the .bak before resetting. This didn't work and actually made it worse. Before, I could still go look at my pictures and stuff if I went through the users folder, but this time the files are not even in the profile folder. I don't know how to get the .bak back, so I would need help on how to get that back too if it is actually super important.

I did the restart method (let's be honest, that was never going to work for me).

I didn't try the antivirus method, but it would definitely not work. Especially if you have my type of luck.

If nothing can be solved, then I guess I will have to wait till I get a new computer.

:)

GodlyPika Y, Sep 12, 2019
  2. dgootee Win User

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903

signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903

1. Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Stuck Temporary Profile

2. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"
  3. Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1809 - sent into Temporary profile: Took 2 days for update to complete. Once laptop actually restarted - software there but all other documents removed from desktop and all software settings gone. Got error that a temporary profile was created. How can I recover/get back prior settings?...
  4. Temporary Profile problems

Temporary Profile problems: After update 1903 I have been logged into a temporary profile. I do not think I am competent enough to do a 'regedit'. How can I get my own profile re-instated?...
  5. Can't get out of temporary profile after update

Can't get out of temporary profile after update: So my computer woke me up in the middle of the night as it was trying to update, even though I have it set to not auto update. So I gave in and updated it, and upon starting up I got a Page Fault in a non paged area fault, and am now stuck in a Temporary profile and can not...
  6. Pc is logging into Temporary account after updating to Windows 10 1903

Pc is logging into Temporary account after updating to Windows 10 1903: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  7. Signing in with Temporary Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  8. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...
  9. Intermittant Temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Intermittant Temporary profile: Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 around 2 months ago and generally it works fine. However, three times in that time when I boot up, it has told me I have been signed in to a temporary profile. When I reboot my machine, all is fine. I tried...
  10. Temporary Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporary Profile Issue: Good Evening, My tower had a irregular power down yesterday, when i turned it on it went into a temporary profile. I have tried a system restore, scanning the drives for error. Everything i have tried has failed before completion. I am at my wits end honestly and don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user profile temporary after upgrade to version 1903

2. windows 10 update 1903 temporary profile

3. windows 10 stuck on temporary profile

4. temporary login after windows 10 1903 update,
  5. 1903 update issues logged in with temporary profile,
  6. stuck on temporary profile windows 10,
  7. windows 10 1903 temp profile zenworks,
  8. after 1903 updte user profile logging in a stemporary profile,
  9. updated windows 10 mto version 1903 and have temp user profile,
  10. windows 10 update 1903 will not log out of temporary profile