Windows 10: Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop

Discus and support Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I have looked for the solution to this problem, but all my searches find a different issue. This has now happened to 2 HP Windows 10 laptops. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vertigasen, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop

Ok, I have looked for the solution to this problem, but all my searches find a different issue. This has now happened to 2 HP Windows 10 laptops. My son has grabbed them, and hit something, so now, the desktop is gone. It only displays a list of apps, similar to the Windows 8.1 main screen. When you select a new program, either from the app view that it is stuck in, or hitting the widows button in the lower left, and opening a new program, I see the desktop for maybe a second before the app/program opens. When you close it, it goes right back to the app view. I have seen "fixes" everything from the Windows key+D to reset to factory settings. I have added a "show desktop" icon to the task bar, but when you hit it, the desktop shows for a second, then right back to the app view. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Vertigasen, Nov 12, 2015

2. Stuck on blue install screen, not able to get out

• Power down the computer. Disconnect it from the power outlet then wait 30 mins to 1 hour.
    • If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available.
    • Disconnect from the Internet
      (unplug Ethernet or turn off Wi-Fi)
    • Connect the system to power again, remain disconnected from the Internet then start the computer.
    • One of two things might happen, Windows 10 setup might rollback to your previous version of Windows or complete installation.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.
    • If Setup rolls back, try upgrading manually using the Media Creation Tool or ISO file.

Source:
    http://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-most-common-windows-10-setup-errors-issues/

If setup did not complete on time and you experience problems activating. Contact Chat support after the Windows 10 installation is complete. Click Start > All Apps > Contact Support. Explain your situation to the chat agent.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Stuck on blue install screen, not able to get out

Hi Lesley,

A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. When you experience this type of error, you won’t be able to see things like the Start menu or the taskbar on the screen when
    your PC is turned on. Instead you might see a blue screen with a message that your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop

1. Stuck on the App screen, not able to get to desktop - Similar Threads - Stuck App screen

2. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  3. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen: Whenever I open my Microsoft Store app it is stuck in the getting ready screen, i cannot access store settings and when i reset Microsoft Store using msreset it opens and gets stuck on the same screen again....
  4. Microsoft Store App is Stuck on Getting Ready Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote Desktop App Stuck Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App Stuck Updating: There seems to be a problem with the Remote Desktop Store App. It is stuck on downloading the update. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but problem still persists. [ATTACH]...
  6. Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop.: Last night, I was playing Warzone. It was completely fine, no issues. After logging off and shutting down, I went to bed. I did not update, uninstall, or do anything out of the ordinary. However, the next day, there was a message saying "Provide a PIN." Underneath that, there...
  7. Apps getting stuck on top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps getting stuck on top: I've got a couple apps that seem to be stuck in an "Always on Top" state. That is, I have to minimize these apps before I can view anything that is behind it. I'm not even sure how it got to this state or what caused it. How does it get into that state in the first place, and...
  8. my new desktop getting stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    my new desktop getting stuck: Hi, I have purchased new desktop installed window 10 HP285 Pro G2 MT business PC, however less than 30 min getting sucking the system. specially when system goes in sleep mode-its very difficult to open. Im doing forceful close by power off/switch off CPU. Help me out...
  9. Windows stuck on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck on desktop screen: After restarting my pc, it just froze. Although the cursor is working, i cant click anything. Also cant open task manager. It happened to me a couple weeks ago so i had to reinstall windows. It happened to me again. Please help...
  10. Getting stuck at the login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting stuck at the login screen: A new issue seems to have appeared on a fairly recent clean install of Windows. This is a UEFI install from USB using the most up to date Anniversary Update. It had been working perfectly for a month or so but over the last few days I have noticed on boot up a rather long...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screen stuck on app screen