Windows 10: Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating by restarting my device, everything seemed to be going fine. But, after hitting a certain point on startup and answering the time, date,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffreySwanson, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

After updating by restarting my device, everything seemed to be going fine. But, after hitting a certain point on startup and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a warning message Saying to connect my PC, connect to WiFi, etc., which I do, but, when I click Next, it loads, it appears to be installing, and then reboots, which brings me back to that message. I've done this about 10 times and it takes me the same amount of time about 1 minute to get back to the language questions. Turning off the laptop makes no difference.Really stumped with this issue, any help appreciated

:)

JeffreySwanson, Aug 3, 2021

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Mel_85 Win User
    Windows 10 Acer Aspire T Desktop Top Install Stuck at 64% & Stuck in Reboot Cycle

This has been an ongoing issue for almost 2 weeks now

I had a virus on my desktop and the antivirus software I had was not finding and removing it. I decided to reset my computer to get rid of it.

The computer got stuck on a black screen with white dots forming a circle on the bottom. Removing the USB for my mouse fixed that.

Then windows 10 install got stuck at 10%. I used the method from here:

Since then the computer has been stuck at 64% in a constant reboot cycle.

My Dad created a recovery disk on USB for me. I have disable boot security and set the boot manager to boot from removable drive first but the computer is still stuck at 64% and constantly rebooting.

Any suggestions as the computer is only 10 months old. Thanks so much.

Mel_85, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

tried to restore windows 8.1, now have crash, reboot cycle

I have just tried to restore my PC back to Windows 8.1, from windows 10, an error message came up saying "there was an error recovering your PC, undoing changes", now my computer is stuck in a crash, reboot cycle. if i could, i would just reinstall windows
    from a fresh installation, but i don't have a Windows 8/8.1 install disc. any suggestions on how to 'break the cycle' and free my PC. Thanks in advance

Paul Gray 87, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

1. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Stuck reboot cycle

2. Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting: Hi,My system is giving the stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled and says that nvlddmkm.sys has failed. I'm trying to reset the computer and reinstall Windows, but now it's in a cycle of not being able to reboot, restarting and trying to download windows, and then...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting: Hi,My system is giving the stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled and says that nvlddmkm.sys has failed. I'm trying to reset the computer and reinstall Windows, but now it's in a cycle of not being able to reboot, restarting and trying to download windows, and then...
  4. Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on: When I started my laptop this morning the screen blinked orange, green, red, and white and since then it has been stuck in an endless reboot cycle. The keyboard lights up and the fans turn on and after a few seconds it turns off again and it does this on repeat, the screen or...
  5. Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on

Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on: When I started my laptop this morning the screen blinked orange, green, red, and white and since then it has been stuck in an endless reboot cycle. The keyboard lights up and the fans turn on and after a few seconds it turns off again and it does this on repeat, the screen or...
  6. Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle: Today my PC worked for about an hour then the same error occurred and now it is stuck with an infinite reboot error. I have tried several times to access safe mode. The closest I got was selecting to enter safe mode, but the system crashed and restarted again and again. The...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle: Today my PC worked for about an hour then the same error occurred and now it is stuck with an infinite reboot error. I have tried several times to access safe mode. The closest I got was selecting to enter safe mode, but the system crashed and restarted again and again. The...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle: After installing a windows 10 update, it froze at 100% and I decided that it wasn't ever going to unfreeze so I turned it off. After that it tried to undo the changes from the update but whenever it gets past the post screen, it flashes "Undoing changes made to your PC" and...