Windows 10: Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

Discus and support Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daniel Rova, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/ctrlaltdel-screen/. I still cannot get into the PC.Any suggestions?

:)

Daniel Rova, Apr 13, 2023
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Apr 13, 2023
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 13, 2023
  4. Abreu10 Win User

Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

using Win10 education version
    when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes?

Abreu10, Apr 13, 2023
Thema:

Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

1. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding - Similar Threads - Stuck Lock Screen

2. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  3. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  4. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  5. Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen sometimes expects CTRL-ALT-DEL, tho not set for that: About 10-20% of the time when I turn on this system, the lock screen will just display nothing. I have Win10 Pro ver 2004. I remembered once that pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up the logon screen, which it does. However, I also use Winaero Tweaker, with which I disabled...
  6. App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on: using Win10 education version when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes? 144964
  7. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  8. Seemingly Randomly Windows 10 Won't Lock, Shutdown, or Respond to Ctrl+Alt+Del Despite...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seemingly Randomly Windows 10 Won't Lock, Shutdown, or Respond to Ctrl+Alt+Del Despite...: Apps continue running, the start menu comes up, but when I press ctrl+alt+del the expected Windows Security screen does not come up. Locking from the start menu does not work, nor does the Windows+L shortcut. When you send the shutdown command, nothing happens. This is not...
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del: Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password. 44748