Windows 10: Stuck on this wont take long

Discus and support Stuck on this wont take long in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to reset my pc but when I get started I'm stuck on this won't take long any idea of what's going wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ForestWilliams, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Stuck on this wont take long

I'm trying to reset my pc but when I get started I'm stuck on this won't take long any idea of what's going wrong?

:)

ForestWilliams, Sep 29, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Stuck on this wont take long

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Stuck on this wont take long

1. Stuck on this wont take long - Similar Threads - Stuck wont long

2. Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.: My Windows 10 pro will not boot. I use the password to my Microsoft account and it will not take it. Nore my log in. This is quite frustrating. I have a windows 10 boot thumbdrive to help fix my drive...
  3. Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.: My Windows 10 pro will not boot. I use the password to my Microsoft account and it will not take it. Nore my log in. This is quite frustrating. I have a windows 10 boot thumbdrive to help fix my drive...
  4. Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  6. shutdown process takes too long stuck in the dekstop for few minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown process takes too long stuck in the dekstop for few minutes: hello..after i click the shutdown button on the start menu, it doesnt do anything for a few minutes then i start to shutting down. i count it almost 5 minutes for shutting down but for the booting time its only takes 15 second or less. if i click on sleep button, its directly...
  7. How long will it take?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How long will it take?: Hi! So a couple of days ago my HP Laptop wouldn’t load up. I did a reboot and now I’m stuck with the this, it says “Fixing C: Stage 2: 85% 557640 of 652758; Total: 66%; ETA: 13:15:44. Now, I am wondering how many Stages are there? Its been two days already and its almost done...
  8. Taking to long to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taking to long to restart: Hi my computer has been restarting for 7 hours. What should I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-to-long-to-restart/37a551d8-7349-4272-9b79-b0a0ae9c4cf5
  9. How long should the update be taking? Stuck on 27%...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should the update be taking? Stuck on 27%...: Restarted PC for the update, it’s stuck on 27% right now with the circle still spinning. Been stuck here for a good while... did it take this long for other people? I saw someone earlier saying it was stuck on 0% for them EDIT: after about an hour it finally restarted itself...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login: Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the keyboard, or when i log in it would go to a blackscreen but still see the mouse. It would be there for 10 minutes then load...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck this wont take long