Windows 10: Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user.

Discus and support Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When attempting to log into Windows, after inputting my password, one of the users just gets endlessly stuck on the “Welcome” screen with the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DorotheaC, Aug 1, 2022.

1. DorotheaC Win User

Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user.

When attempting to log into Windows, after inputting my password, one of the users just gets endlessly stuck on the “Welcome” screen with the loading icon. It doesn’t happen with any other user profiles, I’m able to log in as other users. For instance, an Admin. This is proving to be quite inconvenient, considering the one I’m unable to log into is the main one I use and has all of my settings, defaults, browser logins, personal files, etc.I can’t even log into it with safe mode. I’ve tried, and it’s the exact same story.I thought maybe there was an issue with corrupted system files, so I ran

:)

DorotheaC, Aug 1, 2022

2. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

For some reason, my mom's laptop isn't wanting to go to the desktop instead, it's stuck on the loading screen "Welcome".

The laptop isn't finding any wifi routers (even restarted the router) it's an Asus laptop. The account has no passwords which makes it hard for me to click the network button on the log-in page. Password cannot be added because the password page is loading forever.

The only thing that works is a Safe boot/mode that gets me to the desktop

I tried using the command prompt commands

I tried using window's built-in troubleshooting tools

I tried online tutorials

Please, I need help. This is my mom's work laptop and she currently needs to access her bank.

TobiasJiří Bartoš, Aug 1, 2022
  3. AFSANIZAR Win User
    Welcome screen stuck

Hello,

My Windows 7 (ultimate) Pc is stuck on the welcome screen even in safe mode. I have almost tried everything on the internet. I can't go into safe mode either it's stuck on the welcome screen. Could you please help fix this
    problem?

Thanks.

AFSANIZAR, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user. - Similar Threads - Stuck “Welcome” loading

2. Welcome screen loading stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome screen loading stuck: Hey, I am stuck and can’t figure out what to do, The thing is I start my laptop Then enter my pin and It is just stuck on welcome and is just loading not starting, please help me to solve this out...
  3. Welcome screen loading stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome screen loading stuck: Hey, I am stuck and can’t figure out what to do, The thing is I start my laptop Then enter my pin and It is just stuck on welcome and is just loading not starting, please help me to solve this out...
  4. Loading of welcome screen.

Loading of welcome screen.: There is a old glitch in windows 11, may be there in windows 10, I believe so, when we enter wrong password for longer time it loads for about a while, and one more glitch is that when we press Enter key instead of password it takes the input of Enter key and loads for a...
  5. Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user.

Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user.: When attempting to log into Windows, after inputting my password, one of the users just gets endlessly stuck on the “Welcome” screen with the loading icon. It doesn’t happen with any other user profiles, I’m able to log in as other users. For instance, an Admin. This is...
  6. Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on “Welcome” loading screen, but only for one user.: When attempting to log into Windows, after inputting my password, one of the users just gets endlessly stuck on the “Welcome” screen with the loading icon. It doesn’t happen with any other user profiles, I’m able to log in as other users. For instance, an Admin. This is...
  7. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome: For some reason, my mom's laptop isn't wanting to go to the desktop instead, it's stuck on the loading screen "Welcome".The laptop isn't finding any wifi routers even restarted the router it's an Asus laptop. The account has no passwords which makes it hard for me to click...
  8. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome: For some reason, my mom's laptop isn't wanting to go to the desktop instead, it's stuck on the loading screen "Welcome".The laptop isn't finding any wifi routers even restarted the router it's an Asus laptop. The account has no passwords which makes it hard for me to click...
  9. Laptop stuck in Loading screen Welcome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Stuck on "Welcome" loading screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Welcome" loading screen: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my windows 10 laptop. Whenever I attempt to login, the screen loads up fine, but when I enter my password, it gets stuck on the loading screen where it says "welcome" and never loads. I've tried restarting many times, and have tried using the...