Windows 10: STUCK on white spinning start up dots

Discus and support STUCK on white spinning start up dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago my laptop (Asus X552C) started playing up, for example whenever I pressed 'sleep' it would shut down anyway. Next, the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EllieM, Oct 27, 2016.

1. EllieM Win User

STUCK on white spinning start up dots

A few days ago my laptop (Asus X552C) started playing up, for example whenever I pressed 'sleep' it would shut down anyway.
    Next, the laptop completely froze; Spotify tried to reinstall, chrome wouldn't load and was stuck on the blue spinning circle etc.
    Therefore I had to hold the power button down in order to shut the laptop down however now, when I press the power button I can't get past the white spinning dots at the bottom of the screen.
    I am able to get into safe mode however troubleshooting has not as of yet been able to pick up anything and resetting came back as not possible.
    Also when I try and scan the device with Windows defender it shuts down after about 2 hours of scanning.

If anybody knows how to deal with this, please help!!
    Thank you.

:)

EllieM, Oct 27, 2016

2. anyone have same problem

Stuck in black screen with white dot circle still spinning which is going on for hours.

lewisshaw1, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Oct 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, as we don't know what cause this we can only guess. I understand you can only boot to Safe Mode. That precludes an in-place upgrade repair install. This may take several steps to try to solve, or in the end mean you have to do a clean install.

Can you advise:
    a. Is system restore on- do you have any usable restore points? (Don't try to use them yet).
    b. Have you created any disk or system images which could be used to quickly restore your PC to a previously working state?
    Sadly some people only discover how valuable these can be when things have gone badly wrong. We frequently and strongly recommend their routine use.

Let's try something relatively easy first. Try a clean boot to normal mode. Here's how (just use the first section).
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    Try booting normally and advise the outcome.

This will probably not help, but it's something worth trying that is easily reversible.

Please also post a screenshot of your update history like this:

STUCK on white spinning start up dots [​IMG]

Look at the date of the most recent update. Does it correspond with when your problems started?

dalchina, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

1. STUCK on white spinning start up dots - Similar Threads - STUCK white spinning

2. Spinning dots during start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots during start up: I have a nextbook 10.1 2 in 1 and I cant get rid of the spinning dots. I tried restarting 3 or more times to get to safe mode but it didnt go.What can I do now? Im getting frustrated. I need to get this fixed before my classes start. PLEASE HELP ME!...
  3. Installing/updating windows stuck on spinning white dots.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing/updating windows stuck on spinning white dots.: Im trying to reinstall windows and keep my apps, I uses windows media creation to install on my pc extracted the ISO and ran it from there. chose to keep files and apps and does the loading and reboots. but it got stuck on the working on updates at 0% for about 5 hours so I...
  4. Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots: I turned it on and scanned my fingerprint, and now it’s just loading eternally. Closing the lid turns the screen off, but when I wake it back up, it’s still loading. It doesn’t even respond to the power button or any combination with the escape buttons. The computer is a...
  5. Windows stuck on spinning dots

Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  6. Window won't start | black background, white dots spinning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window won't start | black background, white dots spinning: Hi everyone, I am facing an issue regarding window startup. It won't start, just stuck on the black background with white dots spinning like forever. Maybe it's because of the new update. I updated window like a week ago. It was working fine till last night. I googled...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck on blue screen with spinning white dots

Windows 10 Stuck on blue screen with spinning white dots: I've already tried resetting windows with a successful reinstallation but I cant get to the log in screen. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing. My boot order is set to default. And for some reason I never have the option to run windows in safe mode. I recently had a power outage while...
  8. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  9. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  10. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...